What do you think if this driver???

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Dennis,I thought you had gotten some ESL's a while back.
Have you thought about making your own?
It is really not that hard to do and as long as you follow a few guidelines you will have great success.
It only took me a few days to throw that little one together and it's construction in full detail can be found here,

http://www.esldiy.com/esldiy/forum/index.php?topic=95.msg169#msg169

more10~ Thank you for your input this is good to know.
I guess by your description I try to get no more than 500/f and as close to 250/f that I can for my lowest frequency of interest.
Many times people have referred to just the time of the group delay without mentioning the target frequency.
Thank you for the chart !!

jer :)

Last edited:
Those were the ESLs I passed on some time ago. All of my amps are low powered but are fine for my horn system. If I got those ESL panels I would have to build power supplies was well as get new amps. It was just too much to deal with.

When I get time, I would like to build a small pair of panels just for my computer desk though. Thanks for that link.

Attachments

• gldy-extrapolation.GIF
    gldy-extrapolation.GIF
    63.4 KB · Views: 51
  • LLB.JPG
    LLB.JPG
    706.2 KB · Views: 52
Thanks B. That all looks very impressive, but it is way over my head. I don't understand what that horn layout is? Is it saying it would be good in a horn of some sort? I had hoped to mount these in boxes today, but I am still working on work stuff I brought home Friday. I have 2 cu ft boxes that I use for testing be they have 15" opening so I need to make a new baffle board. I'll try to get to that this week.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.