Any videos of SS15, Xoc1 TH18, or THAM 15?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey everyone, I have scoured the Internet and YouTube but seemingly cannot find any videos of these speakers in action. YouTube is loaded with BFM speaker videos and scoops but all I have found of the above listed speakers is a high school kid time lapse building Xoc's sub and a very short showing of a THAM 15. Does anyone have any videos of these speakers in action?

MrGsR, I get your point about the poor quality of a YouTube video. I am just shocked that the site has such a huge and international following and many of the designs have been built and charts show their efficiency and range, yet when you search tenet for any videos of these designs in use there are none. The single sheet challenge thread alone has 181 pages now. I think I was just looking for some hands on videos where people have built some of these designs and show them being used at an event or just review them. Kind of like a testament to their use and power. Like a video of 4 SS15's rocking a crowd and showing the place rocking. There are videos of so many other designs just few to none of these.

Hey everyone, I have scoured the Internet and YouTube but seemingly cannot find any videos of these speakers in action. YouTube is loaded with BFM speaker videos and scoops but all I have found of the above listed speakers is a high school kid time lapse building Xoc's sub and a very short showing of a THAM 15. Does anyone have any videos of these speakers in action?

I have short video of my Tapped Horn TH_1819 on YouTude :)

Tapped Horn TH_1819 (DIY) by MrZivkoF - YouTube

Thats my exact point. Many of the subs on here are folded and tapped horns which people rave about their output and efficiency vs reflex cabs, but if 4 of these ss15's could not "rock a crowd" then that is discouraging. I suppose the term "crowd" was too subjective. I meant really anything, even a nightclub, high school, wedding, etc.

Well the ss15 Is lacking below 50hz. Not by mistake, the cabinet had certain design goals and trade offs.

If you're used to hearing 20,000watt rms powered subwoofer Setups with HUGE horns (such as at stereo in Montreal, district in NYC etc) then the 4 ss15's with 2000watts rms will not flatter you.

Now for what they are, they are great! And so are the TH-18 designs etc. ESP when you look at the bargain price of building two of these, vs buying two new commercial Bass Reflex subs and big amps to power them.

But don't expect 4 ss15's to destroy buildings and rock crowds lol.

I was just thinking I have done high school dances with 4 18" bass reflex subs with good results. Not earth shaking but quite good punchy bass. I am not trying to compare an ss15 sub to a New York City outdoor music festival set up by any means, I am still just surprised there are absolutely very few videos of any of these speakers.

I've had a pair of ss15's and a pair of the th18's without cone correction.

Haven't messed with the newer version of th-18 with cone correction, but supposedly when pushed to the drivers limit the cone correction will help the cabinet to sound less distressed.

The ss15's were great for saving my back and tossing them into the trunk easily. But under 50hz they fell short. If you have a lot of sub 50hz music content, the ss15's won't rock the crowd, and you could easily damage the drivers (all speakers require proper high pass filters, but DJ's can easily still drive the amps into hard clipping, and often times WILL do so for a continuous period)

I've had a pair of ss15's and a pair of the th18's without cone correction.

Haven't messed with the newer version of th-18 with cone correction, but supposedly when pushed to the drivers limit the cone correction will help the cabinet to sound less distressed.

The ss15's were great for saving my back and tossing them into the trunk easily. But under 50hz they fell short. If you have a lot of sub 50hz music content, the ss15's won't rock the crowd, and you could easily damage the drivers (all speakers require proper high pass filters, but DJ's can easily still drive the amps into hard clipping, and often times WILL do so for a continuous period)

Hey Mrgsr
so with 8 or 12 maybe even 16 of SS15's
you can rock a big hall right ?

have anyone compared a CV L36 to the SS15
i dont know why L36 are still in music stores... and they cost 500 to 600 each

Hi Maxo,
That is quiet a large hall. Wouldn't choose the SS15/3015lf 's for such gig since the max output of the SS15/3015lf is limited by the losses of the weak driver.

I thought it was better to use a large number of smaller cabs like the ss15's
instead of monster like the danleys clones or double 18's or stuff like that
i am not on my 20's anymore and i want to save my back
instead of 4 monster subs i want to use 12 or 16 ss15's
cost wise i do not know if it is a smart move but certainly they will save my back and i can scale the system as on smaller places i will use 4 or 8 only
i will split all the work with a friend who i know since middle skool
so it will not be a one man band project , thanks for all of your help

I thought it was better to use a large number of smaller cabs like the ss15's
instead of monster like the danleys clones or double 18's or stuff like that
i am not on my 20's anymore and i want to save my back
instead of 4 monster subs i want to use 12 or 16 ss15's
cost wise i do not know if it is a smart move but certainly they will save my back and i can scale the system as on smaller places i will use 4 or 8 only
i will split all the work with a friend who i know since middle skool
so it will not be a one man band project , thanks for all of your help

Check out these plans for the "cubo sub":

Cubo Sub
(scroll down page to see plans)

Only a hair bigger than the ss15, at 30x30x24", and probably about the same weight. Better low end extension by virtue of it being a bandpass / tapped horn hybrid design, having a larger chamber in front of the driver. Very interesting, wonder how it sim's?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.