diyAudio

diyAudio (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/)
-   Subwoofers (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/subwoofers/)
-   -   Any videos of SS15, Xoc1 TH18, or THAM 15? (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/subwoofers/223916-any-videos-ss15-xoc1-th18-tham-15-a.html)

jaysinet 19th November 2012 07:56 PM

Any videos of SS15, Xoc1 TH18, or THAM 15?

Hey everyone, I have scoured the Internet and YouTube but seemingly cannot find any videos of these speakers in action. YouTube is loaded with BFM speaker videos and scoops but all I have found of the above listed speakers is a high school kid time lapse building Xoc's sub and a very short showing of a THAM 15. Does anyone have any videos of these speakers in action?

m R g S r 19th November 2012 09:17 PM

What are you hoping to hear from a low quality YouTube vid (unless you mean high quality, direct comparison of the three filmed with the same camera, but even then I'm not sure that's a good comparison) ? Just wondering...

jaysinet 19th November 2012 09:53 PM

MrGsR, I get your point about the poor quality of a YouTube video. I am just shocked that the site has such a huge and international following and many of the designs have been built and charts show their efficiency and range, yet when you search tenet for any videos of these designs in use there are none. The single sheet challenge thread alone has 181 pages now. I think I was just looking for some hands on videos where people have built some of these designs and show them being used at an event or just review them. Kind of like a testament to their use and power. Like a video of 4 SS15's rocking a crowd and showing the place rocking. There are videos of so many other designs just few to none of these.

maxo 19th November 2012 10:23 PM

Yeah
it would be nice to see Jbell SS15's in action rocking a crowd
with close ups of the subs and amps working
The single sheet challenge thread have some pics of a guys who built 8 i think
but no videos

ZivkoF 20th November 2012 04:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysinet (Post 3247966)
Hey everyone, I have scoured the Internet and YouTube but seemingly cannot find any videos of these speakers in action. YouTube is loaded with BFM speaker videos and scoops but all I have found of the above listed speakers is a high school kid time lapse building Xoc's sub and a very short showing of a THAM 15. Does anyone have any videos of these speakers in action?

I have short video of my Tapped Horn TH_1819 on YouTude :)

Tapped Horn TH_1819 (DIY) by MrZivkoF - YouTube

m R g S r 20th November 2012 03:57 PM

Jay I'm not so sure 4 ss15's would "rock a crowd"
But then again I'm used to going to large format techno shows with gigantic subwoofer arrays... :D

jaysinet 20th November 2012 04:24 PM

Thats my exact point. Many of the subs on here are folded and tapped horns which people rave about their output and efficiency vs reflex cabs, but if 4 of these ss15's could not "rock a crowd" then that is discouraging. I suppose the term "crowd" was too subjective. I meant really anything, even a nightclub, high school, wedding, etc.

m R g S r 20th November 2012 07:25 PM

Well the ss15 Is lacking below 50hz. Not by mistake, the cabinet had certain design goals and trade offs.

If you're used to hearing 20,000watt rms powered subwoofer Setups with HUGE horns (such as at stereo in Montreal, district in NYC etc) then the 4 ss15's with 2000watts rms will not flatter you.

Now for what they are, they are great! And so are the TH-18 designs etc. ESP when you look at the bargain price of building two of these, vs buying two new commercial Bass Reflex subs and big amps to power them.

But don't expect 4 ss15's to destroy buildings and rock crowds lol.

jaysinet 20th November 2012 07:52 PM

I was just thinking I have done high school dances with 4 18" bass reflex subs with good results. Not earth shaking but quite good punchy bass. I am not trying to compare an ss15 sub to a New York City outdoor music festival set up by any means, I am still just surprised there are absolutely very few videos of any of these speakers.

m R g S r 20th November 2012 08:02 PM

Ohh okay well that's what I assume when you say rock a crowd. ;)