DIY Subwoofers For An Outdoor Nightclub - Page 3 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Subwoofers

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 15th November 2012, 02:34 PM   #21
epa is offline epa  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiffler359 View Post
THAT'S A MIGHTY FINE RENDERING!!

Thanks Erik:-)
you might also check the weltersys keystone sub,and the xco1 sub.
and here are a lot my brainfart's

Last edited by epa; 15th November 2012 at 02:39 PM.
Old 22nd February 2013, 06:39 AM   #22
diyAudio Member

hi ,, i may have a solve to your delema ,,, i built a pair of cabinets (17"h x 19"d x72"l ) using the mcm electronics 2953 15' woofers , i ended up with a tuned port cab at 31hz 103db 1w 1m at 4ft ,,, i have these in a 2000 sqft building and they rock with peavey cs800x (400x2)power amp you can build these for under $350 pair , use winisd program to design ,, use your box size and program will reverse engineer all specs and give port sizes ,, you can play with ports and custom size the box anyway you like ,, if you would like pics of mine ,, send me an e-mail ,, i built these in 2 days and just added a choke coil 6db at cutoff rate i like and boom is the word !!!!!
Old 6th March 2013, 12:22 PM   #23
diyAudio Member

just read this forum and i'm a bit curious of your sub broadwaybob, wouldn't you mind if you could share your pics to me as well? kindly send to my email: chris_padi@yahoo.com
thank you very much in advance.
Old 6th March 2013, 07:48 PM   #24
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwaybob View Post
hi ,, i may have a solve to your delema ,,, i built a pair of cabinets (17"h x 19"d x72"l ) using the mcm electronics 2953 15' woofers , i ended up with a tuned port cab at 31hz 103db 1w 1m at 4ft ,,, i have these in a 2000 sqft building and they rock with peavey cs800x (400x2)power amp you can build these for under $350 pair , use winisd program to design ,, use your box size and program will reverse engineer all specs and give port sizes ,, you can play with ports and custom size the box anyway you like ,, if you would like pics of mine ,, send me an e-mail ,, i built these in 2 days and just added a choke coil 6db at cutoff rate i like and boom is the word !!!!!
Although those are probably the best $25 drivers you can get (I have four in my beater rig) the 3.7mm x-max and 200watt rating is not exactly going to work for dub in a club.

The SS15 is designed to be lightweight and compact at the expense of LF extension. For an install Welters keystone or the design epa posted look like good options with B&C drivers and a robust amp.
Old 17th March 2013, 02:12 AM   #25
diyAudio Member

sure i can share a few pics !!!! sorry i didnt get back sooner ,, PC took a fart !! LOLClick the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.
Old 17th March 2013, 08:03 AM   #26
djk is offline djk
diyAudio Member

Click the image to open in full size.

Hide this!Advertise here!