DIY Subwoofers For An Outdoor Nightclub

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hi ,, i may have a solve to your delema ,,, i built a pair of cabinets (17"h x 19"d x72"l ) using the mcm electronics 2953 15' woofers , i ended up with a tuned port cab at 31hz 103db 1w 1m at 4ft ,,, i have these in a 2000 sqft building and they rock with peavey cs800x (400x2)power amp you can build these for under $350 pair , use winisd program to design ,, use your box size and program will reverse engineer all specs and give port sizes ,, you can play with ports and custom size the box anyway you like ,, if you would like pics of mine ,, send me an e-mail ,, i built these in 2 days and just added a choke coil 6db at cutoff rate i like and boom is the word !!!!!

hi ,, i may have a solve to your delema ,,, i built a pair of cabinets (17"h x 19"d x72"l ) using the mcm electronics 2953 15' woofers , i ended up with a tuned port cab at 31hz 103db 1w 1m at 4ft ,,, i have these in a 2000 sqft building and they rock with peavey cs800x (400x2)power amp you can build these for under $350 pair , use winisd program to design ,, use your box size and program will reverse engineer all specs and give port sizes ,, you can play with ports and custom size the box anyway you like ,, if you would like pics of mine ,, send me an e-mail ,, i built these in 2 days and just added a choke coil 6db at cutoff rate i like and boom is the word !!!!!

Although those are probably the best $25 drivers you can get (I have four in my beater rig) the 3.7mm x-max and 200watt rating is not exactly going to work for dub in a club.

The SS15 is designed to be lightweight and compact at the expense of LF extension. For an install Welters keystone or the design epa posted look like good options with B&C drivers and a robust amp.

ultimate_subwoofer.jpg

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.