Lab 15 design suggestions for HT use? - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Subwoofers

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 14th November 2012, 03:55 AM   #11
tb46 is offline tb46  United States
diyAudio Member

Thanks, but I'm looking for something smaller for the home.

Regards,
Old 14th November 2012, 11:52 AM   #12
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tb46 View Post
Hi Y'all,

As nobody seems to be interested in the two LAB15 driver (brand new, still in the box) that I have offered in the market place, I might just have a go at this one. (Anyone wants two LAB15s? Cheap, well inexpensively. :-))

Anyway, I drew up a fold reflecting bjorno's Hornresp Input screen. When we know the stuffing details I'll add them to the drawing.

Regards,
I wouldn't mind a second lab. But I don't have the money this year. Sorry.

I really like the drawing you did, I have been trying to find an easy way to fold enclosures. Did you do that in a normal CAD app?
Old 14th November 2012, 04:22 PM   #13
diyAudio Member

Hi duanebrow,

Yes, ACAD14. I recommend Google Sketchup, it's a great free program. Naturally, there are tons of others, e.g.: Free 2D: Siemens PLM Software .

Regards,
Old 14th November 2012, 05:11 PM   #14
GM is offline GM  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
.......market place........
???

GM
Old 14th November 2012, 05:30 PM   #15
jbell is offline jbell  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by duanebrow View Post
J Bell - Yes, PR's have been recommended to me. But I don't have the funds to do that.
Stuffed TL, or PR is about the options that I see for this. Of the two, the PR's gets you smaller.

You can get three dayton 12" PR's for $100. Considering you can go cheaper on the cabinet making, I don't think that's a bad deal.

By cheaper, I mean, you can downfire or frontfire the Lab15, and then use 3 sides for the PR's. If you downfire the Lab, you can use cheap MDF for cabinet material. Buy a bit of black stretch fabric, and sew a 'sock' that will stretch over the cabinet. (rounded corners a bonus) Rear mount the PR's, and slip the sock over the cabinet. Staple top and bottom. Add a contrasting maple top to cover your staples/top, mount your Lab15, wire, add feet, and you are done. (you can even get prefinished maple or pine from home depot or lowes in varying sizes if you wish)

That will give you a Wife Approved Factor that I think will be tough to achieve any other way with your particular driver.

Now... put a price on that....
Old 14th November 2012, 06:11 PM   #16
diyAudio Member

Hi GM,

Sorry, should have said swap meet: Eminence LAB15 - 2 (two) each :-).

Hi jbell,

That suggestion in Post #15 sounds tempting.

Regards,
Old 17th November 2012, 05:48 AM   #17
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Hi duanebrow,

Yes, ACAD14. I recommend Google Sketchup, it's a great free program. Naturally, there are tons of others, e.g.: Free 2D: Siemens PLM Software .

Regards,
I have AutoCAD 2013. I just need to use it more.
Old 17th November 2012, 10:03 AM   #18
Veke76 is offline Veke76  Finland
diyAudio Member

Is BR still on the table? I saw one design on finnish forum with 150 litre 20Hz tuning and 6" port 80 cm length. Over 1m tall enclosure. Port airspeed and group delay is not confirmed. Maybe this can be worked with WinISD.
Old 17th November 2012, 01:17 PM   #19
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veke76 View Post
Is BR still on the table? I saw one design on finnish forum with 150 litre 20Hz tuning and 6" port 80 cm length. Over 1m tall enclosure. Port airspeed and group delay is not confirmed. Maybe this can be worked with WinISD.
MLTL is/can be a BR. It is basically just a more advanced model. WinISD doesn't account for driver placement or enclosure shape. The longer the longest dimension the more difference, or potential for difference there is between the two types of models.
Old 18th November 2012, 01:24 AM   #20
GM is offline GM  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Hi GM,

Sorry, should have said swap meet:
Thanks, I assumed as much, but didn't find them in a search of 'Lab 15'. Going back just now, 'LAB15' works. Didn't know the search engine could be so 'picky' since I usually have pretty good luck with it.

GM

Hide this!Advertise here!