Need port advice

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I just picked up from a buddy 4 dayton rss390hf 15" subwoofers that were left over from his project ( dont ask me why he had them left over ). Anyways, i have a spare 15 cuft enclosure that i made for a project a few months ago that i abandoned and would like to make a push push subwoofer with these drivers and that enclosure. Now i have a few extra ports left over but i doubt they will be big enough since there only 7" long and 3" in diameter. What would be a good port for a tuning of around 18hz-20hz? i could go lower if its easier but im looking for something to put in my living room that can deliver some decent spl. Thanks again.

Here is a WinISD on your project. You can see that with 4 of those, the curves are not much different if you vent the box or not. Personally, I would go with a sealed box, that way you are not getting any noise from the vents and the sound is generally tighter or faster sounding. Those are very good subs by the way.

Attachments

• 4 subs.png
    4 subs.png
    130.5 KB · Views: 70
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.