Turn the Reflex box in Bandpass:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello. time ago I built a box for subwoofer 18ps76. Multilayer of poplar, thickness 1.5. The interior liters is 135 liters, the door is about 70 cm long (50cm x 10cm) and if I'm not mistaken tuned at about 35 hertz.
Now, I would like to add to the existing box an 'other box tuned to 80 to 90 Hz . I thought the easiest solution, a box with a tube (relfex box). But my friend asked me if I could replace it with a little horn cus this one have more gain.
I am not an expert in the area. To calculate the reflex box, I have no problems for the horn instead.

Place some pictures:

Actual box:
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

What i want to build:
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

The other option of what i want to build:

Does anyone know how to do it with the horn?
Thanks in advance :)

PS: sorry for my english :eek:

Last edited:
You can model the design you drew in Hornresp as a horn/BR combo.
As drawn, my guess is the "horn" won't be very effective in the frequencies of interest.

The little "skateboard ramps" won't be needed for low frequencies, neither will the foam, which robs a bit of level.

Have fun!

Art

You can model the design you drew in Hornresp as a horn/BR combo.
As drawn, my guess is the "horn" won't be very effective in the frequencies of interest.

The little "skateboard ramps" won't be needed for low frequencies, neither will the foam, which robs a bit of level.

Have fun!

Art

Now the wood behind the reflex, moves too much when I give more than 300 watts to subwoofer. I would like to improve it a little bit.

What do you advise me to do?

Now the wood behind the reflex, moves too much when I give more than 300 watts to subwoofer. I would like to improve it a little bit.
Line the walls of the box with 3/4" X 2 or 2-1/2" pieces of good ply just like the stick walls in a normal house.
Make them 8 to 10" on center.
This will make the box very stiff.
Make sure yo do all sides, including the top and bottom.
Glue them well and use a couple of screws, from the outside if you can, in each piece of 3/4" ply.

Dave

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.