Trying to choose which drivers to go with. Need advise - Page 4 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Subwoofers

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 9th November 2012, 11:53 AM   #31
Moonfly is offline Moonfly  Spain
diyAudio Member

Hi Dan, just to be clear, I'm not a company or anything like that. I live in Spain and there is literally no work out here, so I turned to subwoofer modelling a design work as something I could do that brings me in a little income (more like pocket money). I'd be more than willing to help you out once I have completed a model I am currently working on, which should be done today. Its normally against forum rules for any member to tout for business or ask for payments for services, so I cant directly do that.

I will reply to your PM now though. Mods, if any rules are being broken, please notify me.
Old 9th November 2012, 03:17 PM   #32
bjorno is offline bjorno  Sweden
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to bjorno
Hi,

FYI: Fi Car SSD18 in a T-TQWT:

b
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Fi-Car_SSD18_T-TQWT.JPG (944.3 KB, 70 views)
Old 9th November 2012, 07:20 PM   #33
tb46 is offline tb46  United States
diyAudio Member

Hi bjorno,

That ought to "bring down the house". What happened to the Le in Hornresp :-).

Regards,

Last edited by tb46; 9th November 2012 at 07:24 PM.
Old 10th November 2012, 02:33 PM   #34
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonfly View Post
Hi Dan, just to be clear, I'm not a company or anything like that. I live in Spain and there is literally no work out here, so I turned to subwoofer modelling a design work as something I could do that brings me in a little income (more like pocket money). I'd be more than willing to help you out once I have completed a model I am currently working on, which should be done today. Its normally against forum rules for any member to tout for business or ask for payments for services, so I cant directly do that.

I will reply to your PM now though. Mods, if any rules are being broken, please notify me.

No problem Moonfly, I was planning on sending a donation. I can't ******* wait to see your model! As soon as you get it completed. I am going to start on the build ASAP and will do as much as is possible without the drivers as they are still a few days away.
Old 10th November 2012, 02:51 PM   #35
diyAudio Member

I'm going to get to work on this model in the next hour or so. Are you wanting to use 19mm material as stipulated in the post above? Also, I need to know the internal width of this cabinet design if anyone has that info available.
Old 10th November 2012, 03:30 PM   #36
diyAudio Member

19mm works out as correct, so thats that sorted. All I really need is the width of the cabinet, the opening detail, and the driver mounting to the baffle details. Do we have those available?
Old 10th November 2012, 03:47 PM   #37
tb46 is offline tb46  United States
diyAudio Member

Hi Moonfly,

Kraken thread Post #94: Build your own 2x12" TH (The Kraken 212 TH)

"The inner width and the outlet hole is 320mm wide/high."

This inner width would be applicable for MDF and for plywood, but for MDF the material thickness would probably be 19mm, and for plywood (e.g.: baltic birch) you would reduce the thickness to 18mm, and adjust all dimensions accordingly.

Also, it's just not that critical. Just make sure that the driver fits in the box :-).

Regards,
Old 10th November 2012, 04:04 PM   #38
diyAudio Member

Sweet. I'l just about to go catch a football game (you know, where you use your feet to control a sphere ), but I am making some progress. I have the basic model down, just need to create the driver, put on the end caps and make the opening, then make the driver up and fit it into the baffle. I should have something to show later on this evening.
Old 11th November 2012, 08:46 AM   #39
diyAudio Member

Making some progress, I just need to Make the model of the driver now and ensure it fits. Looks like the JBL driver is going to be pretty tight.

EDIT:

Ive made a driver template. Ive added a second image below that shows confirmation the driver fits. Its tight, but according to the computer model, there is about 10mm of clearance. Only issue I see that may arise is that according to this image, the VC looks to be vented so that 10mm might or might not be enough clearance.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Kracken.jpg (132.8 KB, 35 views)
File Type: jpg Driver Fitting.jpg (109.9 KB, 31 views)

Last edited by Moonfly; 11th November 2012 at 09:10 AM.
Old 11th November 2012, 11:33 AM   #40
diyAudio Member

The Model is now complete. Dan, do you want this with the additional detailing sent just to you, or do you want everything uploading to the thread here?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Kracken with Driver X Ray.jpg (102.4 KB, 30 views)

Hide this!Advertise here!