Trying to choose which drivers to go with. Need advise - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Subwoofers

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 6th November 2012, 10:10 AM   #11
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tb46 View Post
Hi ClarkDan,

Here it is in Post #94 (some of these threads should be indexed in Post #1, oh well): Build your own 2x12" TH (The Kraken 212 TH)

Quote: "... inner width and the outlet hole is 320mm wide/high. Material thickness is
22mm..." (W_inner=12.598" / Material=0.866")

Regards,

Thanks for that link. I have read most of that thread, and to be honest, I am a little bit intimidated. Those diminisons listed are hard for me to understand and picture in my head as I have never done any wood working before. Do you know if anyone has made a cutlist with the exact diminisons of each panal in inches? Kind of like lilmikes thread over at AVS on the F-20 horn sub that he designed? I really need some better sketches of this thing before I jump off into it.
Old 6th November 2012, 10:53 AM   #12
Moonfly is offline Moonfly  Spain
diyAudio Member

If you build create a model in google sketchup you can produce stuff similar to what Ive done in the images attached.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 200 litre ported cylinder.jpg (117.0 KB, 90 views)
File Type: jpg Panel Labels.jpg (186.5 KB, 89 views)
File Type: jpg Overall Dims.jpg (133.9 KB, 87 views)
File Type: jpg Panel Sizes.jpg (221.8 KB, 85 views)
File Type: jpg Xploded Detail Lower.jpg (242.1 KB, 78 views)
Old 6th November 2012, 11:09 AM   #13
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonfly View Post
If you build create a model in google sketchup you can produce stuff similar to what Ive done in the images attached.
I have never used google sketchup, but I will look into it. How do I figure out the diminisons of each board, preferably in inches?

I wish I knew more about using google, and had the proper diminisons for each panal. That would make this a whole heck of a lot easier! The picture that was linked a couple of post back, is very confusing in the way that it is written, and I just wish there were a more standard cut list for each panal. I really want to get started on the cabinet but I don't know what size cuts to make.

I will order the driver tomorrow!
Old 6th November 2012, 11:15 AM   #14
diyAudio Member

Are you trying to copy the build detailed in this pdf?

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/attac...dwg_rev.01.pdf
Old 6th November 2012, 11:27 AM   #15
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Are you trying to copy the build detailed in this pdf?

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/attac...dwg_rev.01.pdf

I am not sure what that model is in the link you just posted, I don't have my glasses with me and that text is very hard to read. The one that I would like to build is the Krackin 112. I want to build two of them.
Old 6th November 2012, 11:35 AM   #16
diyAudio Member

It looks like they created a google sketcup model of it already. Perhaps you should PM the guy and ask if he has a model he could send you:

diyAudio - View Profile: Petter Persson

If he has a model, but your still not sure what to do with it, let me know, have it sent to me, and I'll break it down for you.
Old 6th November 2012, 12:53 PM   #17
diyAudio Member

Quote:
It looks like they created a google sketcup model of it already. Perhaps you should PM the guy and ask if he has a model he could send you:

diyAudio - View Profile: Petter Persson

If he has a model, but your still not sure what to do with it, let me know, have it sent to me, and I'll break it down for you.

Ok I just sent him a pm asking for a model sketchup or cut list with proper diminisons of each board. You don't know how much I appreciate all of everyones help on this, especially you Moonfly! I am going to wait on ordering the driver until I can make sure thant I will somehow be able to get a detailed cut list and/or sketchup/detailed drawings of the diminisons. I don't want to order the drivers then not be able to get the specs on the cab, thus leaving me with 2 drivers that I would otherwise never use.
Old 6th November 2012, 04:53 PM   #18
tb46 is offline tb46  United States
diyAudio Member

Hi Moonfly,

I made the drawing you are refering to in Post #14, it is for the Kraken 212, and was to show the sizes of different mouth locations, and the difference between a 3-section and a 4-section Hornresp model. It does not show the individual boards.

What the OP needs is referenced in Post #8 (this thread), i.e.: Post #94 of the Kraken thread, from that he should be able to develop a cut-sheet; the dimensions are in mm (divide by 25.4 to get inches). Or, you could make him a sketchup model.

Regards,
Old 7th November 2012, 01:40 PM   #19
diyAudio Member

Thankfully, John is working on a cutlist for me. I ordered the drivers just a few minutes ago and will probably pick up the wood to start on these babies this weekend since my fiancé is going to be out of town. I am planning on building two of these bad boys, (Krackin 112's). I already have a spare Yung 300 watt plate amp that I purchased from parts express a few weeks ago. Do you guys think I could use that to power one of these Krackin 112's? I know that horn subs are very efficient so I am hoping to save some money by purchasing another cheap Yung 300 watt plate amp to match my other one, then picking up a minidsp to EQ these two subs.
Old 7th November 2012, 03:34 PM   #20
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tb46 View Post
Hi Moonfly,

I made the drawing you are refering to in Post #14, it is for the Kraken 212, and was to show the sizes of different mouth locations, and the difference between a 3-section and a 4-section Hornresp model. It does not show the individual boards.

What the OP needs is referenced in Post #8 (this thread), i.e.: Post #94 of the Kraken thread, from that he should be able to develop a cut-sheet; the dimensions are in mm (divide by 25.4 to get inches). Or, you could make him a sketchup model.

Regards,
Ah I see. Well we can see how he gets on, if Dan sorts it out for him then sorted. If help is needed with GS then I can help out there. Can we upload GS models on this forum, if I end up doing one, may as well have it posted here.

Hide this!Advertise here!