Trying to choose which drivers to go with. Need advise

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.

Attachments

• SPH-450TC.dim.gif
    SPH-450TC.dim.gif
    24 KB · Views: 80
  • C213770713.jpg
    C213770713.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 73
Ah I see. Well we can see how he gets on, if Dan sorts it out for him then sorted. If help is needed with GS then I can help out there. Can we upload GS models on this forum, if I end up doing one, may as well have it posted here.

If you could make something in GS, that would be freaking awesome! I am looking forward to this build, so much! I honestly wish that I would have found this board soon, the members here are so very helpful and kind. Some of the other boards are kind of rough in the way that people act.

If you could make something in GS, that would be freaking awesome! I am looking forward to this build, so much! I honestly wish that I would have found this board soon, the members here are so very helpful and kind. Some of the other boards are kind of rough in the way that people act.

I'll help if I can and I have the time, just keep me posted on how you get on. As before, I cant make any promises. I had a bit of time become available tonight but I'll prob be busy all day tomorrow doing some paid work.

Hi Moonfly,

Here are two more drawings from the Kraken thread: the first one is from Post #120 giving the dimensions for the Kraken 112 using 19mm thick material, and the second provides the dimensions for the JBL GTO1214, in case you want to add that one to your enclosure model.

At least you won't have to go hunting for the information (JBL's drawings are some kind of generic driver?).

Regards,

Attachments

• Post_120_Kraken112drw19mm.jpg
    Post_120_Kraken112drw19mm.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 70
  • Post_171_dwg_barco_measurements.pdf
    5.6 KB · Views: 23
I'll help if I can and I have the time, just keep me posted on how you get on. As before, I cant make any promises. I had a bit of time become available tonight but I'll prob be busy all day tomorrow doing some paid work.

Ok, if you are having trouble posting them, please feel free to send them to my email, which is, Dandy870@yahoo.com. You are so great, and I am deeply appreciative for your help!

Hi Dan, just to be clear, I'm not a company or anything like that. I live in Spain and there is literally no work out here, so I turned to subwoofer modelling a design work as something I could do that brings me in a little income (more like pocket money). I'd be more than willing to help you out once I have completed a model I am currently working on, which should be done today. Its normally against forum rules for any member to tout for business or ask for payments for services, so I cant directly do that.

I will reply to your PM now though. Mods, if any rules are being broken, please notify me.

Hi Dan, just to be clear, I'm not a company or anything like that. I live in Spain and there is literally no work out here, so I turned to subwoofer modelling a design work as something I could do that brings me in a little income (more like pocket money). I'd be more than willing to help you out once I have completed a model I am currently working on, which should be done today. Its normally against forum rules for any member to tout for business or ask for payments for services, so I cant directly do that.

I will reply to your PM now though. Mods, if any rules are being broken, please notify me.

No problem Moonfly, I was planning on sending a donation. I can't ******* wait to see your model! As soon as you get it completed. I am going to start on the build ASAP and will do as much as is possible without the drivers as they are still a few days away.

Hi Moonfly,

Kraken thread Post #94: http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/subwoofers/160879-build-your-own-2x12-th-kraken-212-th-10.html

"The inner width and the outlet hole is 320mm wide/high."

This inner width would be applicable for MDF and for plywood, but for MDF the material thickness would probably be 19mm, and for plywood (e.g.: baltic birch) you would reduce the thickness to 18mm, and adjust all dimensions accordingly.

Also, it's just not that critical. Just make sure that the driver fits in the box :).

Regards,

Sweet. I'l just about to go catch a football game (you know, where you use your feet to control a sphere :D), but I am making some progress. I have the basic model down, just need to create the driver, put on the end caps and make the opening, then make the driver up and fit it into the baffle. I should have something to show later on this evening.

Making some progress, I just need to Make the model of the driver now and ensure it fits. Looks like the JBL driver is going to be pretty tight.

EDIT:

Ive made a driver template. Ive added a second image below that shows confirmation the driver fits. Its tight, but according to the computer model, there is about 10mm of clearance. Only issue I see that may arise is that according to this image, the VC looks to be vented so that 10mm might or might not be enough clearance.

Attachments

• Kracken.jpg
    Kracken.jpg
    132.8 KB · Views: 49
  • Driver Fitting.jpg
    Driver Fitting.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.