What do I do with this data

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi All, I was reading a post today and saw the graph below. It is for a tapped sub.

My question is, how do I interpret the portion of the graph boxed in red. Would that part of the signal have to be shut right down with a 24db sloop crossover?

Attachments

• what to do with this.png
    what to do with this.png
    131.9 KB · Views: 81
Hornresp assumes no folds in your design - the addition of folds means you get a free low-pass filter, reducing the level of the peaks indicated.

I'd say, as a minimum, 60Hz 2nd order - this would attenuate the ~120Hz peak by 9dB (usually, the frequency a 2nd order crossover is the -3dB point). The cabinet would do the rest.

Chris

Hi All, I was reading a post today and saw the graph below. It is for a tapped sub.

My question is, how do I interpret the portion of the graph boxed in red. Would that part of the signal have to be shut right down with a 24db sloop crossover?

Hi djn,

Post your HR input screen..If you want to know the impact of a LR4 filter at an 'unknown' frequency or at a suggested that optimizes the BW without screwing up the XO with your mains:
A lot more must be known and further processed outside HR before any trustfully recommendations can be made.

b:)

The folds attenuate these resonances, as does the somewhat chaotic nature of the wavefront with increasing frequency- they definitely need to be high-passed, but they're likely mostly 10-12dB down from the levels shown, already.

Thanks Badman. That is what I kind of thought, but never investigated it.

A single posted FR graph without known history or that is sufficiently backed-up with additional engineering data is only a subject for wishful thinking laymen to comment.

b:)

Hi B. Yep, I should have been more clear. It was a question I've wanted to ask for a couple years.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.