Help me build this tapped horn sub, please!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I found an interesting link to a tapped horn using the aurasound NS8 ( I own two).

DIY Sound Works: 30Hz Tapped Horn, or A Really Big Subwoofer

Actually, I'm going to build the folded one which is listed here.

DIY Sound Works: 30hz Tapped horn, folded for a car

However, I'm trying to understand the designers drawings, and I'm having a hard time.

In this figure, I can't figure out exactly how to assemble the wood in this figure.
sub.bmp

In terms of the path lengths (3.125, 4.25, 5.875, 6.75), what distance does that represent? Is that distance a diagonal on this figure, or is it always a totally horizontal measurement at the mouth of the nearest opening?

Its a real puzzle. I assumed, based on the cut list, that the cut list dimensions represent the long sides of any part. I then assumed that all the corners were mitred. I'd suggest drawing it out full scale to see if this works. On the drawing labeled "board dimensions" you can try to make all the long lengths fit. Sorry...its all I've got. I worked it up roughly and it seemed to fit.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.