Folded Horn for 2.5" Driver

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm trying to build a folded horn for a 2.5" driver (a satellite speaker from the Boston Acoustics BA745 2.1 System) as a sort of warmup before building a subwoofer folded horn. Unfortunately, I can't find some of the specs I need in order to get a hornresp model for the driver I'm using, presumably because these specs are usually provided only for subwoofer drivers.

The specs I do have: ????????????????

Specifically, I need to either compute or reasonably estimate:
VAS
Qes
Qms

I've read here that all other T/S parameters can be calculated by hornresp.

I'm unclear on how to get this one though...
Le

Is Fs both the resonant frequency and the cutoff frequency of the speaker?
Is it safe to take the manufacturer's spec for this from the link above? (240 zh)

Also, I read that horn calculations are reasonably accurate at low frequencies, but (presumably) not so at higher frequencies?
The frequency response of the driver is 240 to 20k hz.
Does this mean that for this small of a driver it may be simply impossible to model the system accurately enough?
Are the tolerances much smaller at these frequencies?

Thanks a lot!

Yeah I don't expect much - the project is for a CNC class, where the current assignment is to basically build anything to practice joint construction - I'm taking the opportunity to get more familiar with horn design, even if its at a small scale.

Thanks for the link - I think I'll use these as rough approximations for the specs of my driver and see what I can do with them in hornresp.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.