TC sounds epic 10 and useable frequency response

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Any experience here with TC sounds epic 10 and it's usable frequency response? I know it is a high excursion type and can play low but how well can it play up top? I am thinking about using it in a powered tower that will be for music and ht treating it as more of a woofer with a punch than a true sub so the crossover point could be higher than the typical 80 Hz area for a sub. I plan to have a plate amp with eq controls if that helps determine suitability.

Well....I haven't used this woofer, but I was running some sim's of it the other day. It seems to have a high inductance which give roll off above 100 hz or so. I also noticed that the dayton mk3 titanic is virtually the same driver - same basket, sim's the same, probably made in the same factory. This has a published response chart, note the resonance peaks. I would guess that you would be able to run this as high as 300 - 500hz, but I would want to see it crossed around 150-200 to a capable mid, to avoid a crossover in the vocal range. Should give really good midbass kick drum action.

http://www.parts-express.com/pdf/295-414s.pdf

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.