O audio 500w plate amp....

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
....does anybody know where they are sourced?
I e-mailed him and he says he's not sure when they will be in stock again.
Or maybe a BASH alternative with PEQ functions?
Or even class D with PEQ.
Not hypex, expensive.
Not rythmic, they don't offer them anymore.
Not PE, they are class AB.
Not Jung, they don't have PEQ. Same for PE BASH.

PE least lists both the 300 and 500 BASH amps. I think the term BASH is a trademark, so my guess is these are O-Audio.

I was going to try a 500 but got two more of the 300's from O instead. Nice product but I wonder about the company. They went on a month long vacation and just shut down. Even for a mom and pop, that is not how you run a business. My guess is it is one or two people who outsource everything so lead times may be an issue. For their price and what I use them for, I am quite happy.

Yup, I wanted the EQ, but I have other methods.

Putting two bass drivers on opposite sides of a box wired in phase (push-push) is basically the same as having them side by side. The wavelength is so long with respect to the distance between them, I would not call them bi-pole. A sub is essentially onmi-directional already. I would rather have two boxes to make tuning the room easier.

On my "good" system, my sub amp is a used Parasound fed by a modified analog crossover. I was very surprised the difference in clarity of the bass over the Rockford plates I had. As I use the same amp for my mains, the gain is the same. Set at 65 Hz, 4th order, I should not have heard a difference. I did. I use my two BASH plates for my office and guest room. When I upgrade them, I will probably switch to full range amps there too.

hi there i spoke to eric from oaudio and they are closing there doors.I am after a switch mode mains transformer for the bash 500w subwoofer amplifier,if anyone knows how to get this part can you let me know,thankyou

How sad. I just received my 300w amp from them, and I'm quite pleased with it. It's too bad when a company making good products fails.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.