Any sub plate amps with active filter for the sats?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Never found one. Most AVR's have "big or "small" in their config, so for the 99% of the market, they see no need. Short answer, build your own.

I don't use plate amps in my main system. I use a traditional stereo amp. It should not matter much, but the Parasound sounded WAY better than the BASH or Hafler plates I had. So, traditional active crossover and traditional amp for me. Two of my small systems still use the BASH. Integration is not as good and distortion is higher. Practicality wins though.

This company seem to be the answer to my prayers; wanted to go active for a design combining subs with full range units; using passive crossovers just made no sense, complicated and expensive. Having everything in one unit (or 2) is just great, so simple, cost effective and also maximizing the performance of small full range drivers.

Last edited:
One thing I don't understand is why it has a 45hz roll off for the sub section..?
The Mivoc MPA A 3120 2.1 is targeted for cheap and cheerful PA subs, many of which are ported around 45 -50 Hz and need excursion protection below.

I have not used the amp, but it is far easier to design an amp which can achieve high power if the bottom octave (20-40 Hz) is not reproduced.

My personal favourite is the MiniDSP 2 in 4 out (I have the first edition, and many have come since then). It's around 100 US$, and then you can finde you favourite amp.

like this maybe

Aliexpress.com : Buy 220W TDA8920CTH High Stability CLASS D Amp Interagrated High Efficiency SMPS Same Size as ICEpower 250ASX2 from Reliable 220W TDA89CTH +SMPS suppliers on Amplifier store

You could also take a DSP amplifier like this one

DSP+CLASS D AMP+SMPS 2.1 OR THREE WAY HI FI AMP WITH ANALOG/SPDIF/USB SOURCE SELECTOR-in Amplifier from Consumer Electronics on Aliexpress.com

I don't hink you can access the DSP, but you can specify how it should be set up i think

The Mivoc MPA A 3120 2.1 is targeted for cheap and cheerful PA subs, many of which are ported around 45 -50 Hz and need excursion protection below.

I have not used the amp, but it is far easier to design an amp which can achieve high power if the bottom octave (20-40 Hz) is not reproduced.

Good for commercial applications I guess, but annoying for DIYers. Still, at the price its v tempting (altho I can't read german so no way for me to check reviews).
The Hypex AS2.100 might be the better option.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.