2 Yamaha S6115 bins, only one JA-3882... Help!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Ok, after looking into some alternative options, I have replaced the JA3882 with the Eminence Gammas.

Kaffi, I contacted the place that was "selling" that speaker, they had no idea that listing even existed. They had no record of even having that in stock.

So now what I'm planning on doing (since the bins are now installed elsewhere) is taking that JA3882 I have and putting it into a bass cab. I've already got a 4x10, and have been looking for a 1x15, but I think I'd rather just build a box to suit this 3882. Any suggestions on a program or something that can help me design a box to get the most out of this speaker?

Ok, after looking into some alternative options, I have replaced the JA3882 with the Eminence Gammas.

I have and putting it into a bass cab. I've already got a 4x10, and have been looking for a 1x15, but I think I'd rather just build a box to suit this 3882. Any suggestions on a program or something that can help me design a box to get the most out of this speaker?

Did you do that bass cab?

I just measured a brace of Yamaha JA 3882B s (version with 14.5 ohm DCR) and got a median fs of 32 Hz and median Qts of .125. That is too low for anything apart from a bass horn unless you are into very fast / very lean "bass" reproduction. To me the 3882 seems a JBL E145 / 150-4H on steroids and perhaps the most suitable bass horn 15 inch-er ever made.

More throat area makes a bass horn shorter for same Fc, so i collected seven 3882B's and would be happy to buy an 8th / 9th / 10th one for a front-loaded straight-horn project...

all the best
Ralph

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.