Revel Ultima Sub 15...suggestions needed.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Guy`s..I`m looking for opinions here..need help.
Is it a good idea to buy a Revel Ultima Sub 15 that does not have the LE-1 amp and crossover ??
How would one hook it up for a 2 channel setup ?

Any suggestions on what amp and what crossover would be much appreciated !

Anybody home ???

Last edited:
Is that the sealed enclosure model with the SUB1500 driver? If so, the amp supposedly had a ton of EQ built into it. The driver is a monster! But it is fragile, it has a huge motor assembly that is capable of tearing the voice coil/spider/cone joinery apart if run in an inappropriate enclosure and or with out the correct voltage drive/crossover. Sadly a lot of these have been destroyed in this manner. Many have indicated that the the glue is suspect but most of the pictures of damaged ones I have seen just look like the Xmech has been grossly exceeded. The last two times I have enquired, cone kits are unavailable and there has been no plans to make more.

I have never seen a voltage drive curve for these. The drivers used right are increadible, this I know from experience. :)

If you skip over to the Lansing Heritage site and search SUB1500, you should find a ton of discussion on these drivers and possibly the information on what to do about an amp and EQ

All the best,
Barry.

Yes it`s sealed and I believe it`s the SUB1500 woofer. Thanks for the help. Like I said the sub is brand new, and has never been hooked up.
I hope I can use it successfully.
I don`t do Home Theater. This for my stereo only so I hope to be able to avoid problems like what you have described....I hope :(

hi scm,

Sound below 80hz is non-directional, that's why you can place a sub where you want/sounds best.

edit:
You really should look into buying or building a good active crossover
and a high pass for protection because of what 1audiohack said.

How much power do you want to feed this sub?

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.