Help with a sub

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I need help with a sub-woofer i just acquired for my system in the garage...
My brother gave me a Mirage 10" stereo subwoofer that he got from a home that was foreclosed on...He workes for a bank and fixes up the houses after they are foreclosed on, so he was doing a clean up and got all sorts of stuff that would have just been tossed..
I can find the company online, but cant find this sub on any site and was hoping i can get some spec's

IMAG0349.jpg

IMAG0352.jpg

All it says is Mirage on the badge, and on the back it says stereo subwoofer...it is a floor standing speaker box with 2 10" speakers on either end...its not ported..here are some pics...

the box measures 19" tall x 15.5 deep x 24.5 long with a speaker on each end f the long....

Looks like it has a passive crossover built-in, with taps to suit two different models of satellite speaker. Most likely one sub per channel, unless they're dual voice coil. If the woofers are in good shape, I'd remove or bypass the passive crossover stuff, then depending on the amp available, either run the woofers in parallel from a mono amp, or separately from a two channel amp.

I'll guess it's from the 1980s.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.