Compact Dayton Titanic 15" Offset Horn Design - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Subwoofers

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 30th July 2012, 03:21 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Compact Dayton Titanic 15" Offset Horn Design

I've been playing with Hornresp modeling compact offset bass horns for HT use. Design parameters are a sub that goes to about 120dB from 20-150hz in as compact a space as possible - I have a 22" max width restriction. I'm planning on building two subs to be placed in the front room corners and external proamps plus MiniDSP equalization would be utilized.

After modeling several different 15" drivers, the Dayton 15" Titanic seems to produce the most dBs and the smoothest frequency response for very small enclosures. Attached is a Hornresp design I ended up with and a preliminary layout, which ended up being about 2.5'x2.5'x2'. I've designed and built several different types of speakers before, however, I've never built a bass horn. Do any of you experienced horn builders have any feedback or comments about the design?

Thanks,
Vince
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Compact Dayton Titanic 15.jpg (53.9 KB, 157 views)
Attached Files
File Type: txt compact.txt (421 Bytes, 8 views)

Last edited by vnwhite; 30th July 2012 at 04:22 AM.
Old 30th July 2012, 12:25 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

Default Additional design images

Here are the images of the Hornresp parameters and SPL frequency response chart.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Hornresp_parms.jpg (71.1 KB, 128 views)
File Type: jpg SPL_response.jpg (71.1 KB, 122 views)

Hide this!Advertise here!