Lab 12 Based Offset Driver - Mass Loaded - Transmission Line (OD-ML-TL) Design by Bj

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi kees52,

Post #298: "Can akabak give a schematic like hornresp do?"

Not that I'm aware of. That's one of AkAbaks shortcomings.

Hope you'll be better soon.

Regards,

Thanks

tooth is not better, pain is heavy now, dentis have not time for me, this is a dutch healthcare shortcoming as always.

People do not care for each other here.

I have taken a painkiller.

regards

I am been busy with drawning that box, but the long pipe is challence me, this because the box do go low for the movies.

I have to make it deeper so the pipe get lower, etc.

I am this far the rest will come.

regards

kees

Attachments

• ScreenHunter_124 May. 12 22.36.jpg
    ScreenHunter_124 May. 12 22.36.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 821
I am been busy with drawning that box, but the long pipe is challence me, this because the box do go low for the movies.

I have to make it deeper so the pipe get lower, etc.

I am this far the rest will come.

regards

kees

That long pipe is really no different than this flared port.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

I've built a couple of the enclosures using the plans from post #270. For mine I used a JBL GTO1214 driver, which I found to model well in the enclosure and is very reasonably priced for what it is. So far I couldn't be any happier with them. They have measured flat to below 20 Hz in my media room. The one finished in Duratex is mine, the stained one was built for a friend.

Posts # 270/273/275/281

Hi Y'all,

Hornresp has come an amazingly long way since this was first simulated. I'll attach a suggestion as to filling and filtering for MOD3:

Regards,

Attachments

• MOD3_Filling_SPL.jpg
    MOD3_Filling_SPL.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 588
  • MOD3_Filter_SPL.jpg
    MOD3_Filter_SPL.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 239
  • MOD3_Filling_Schematic.jpg
    MOD3_Filling_Schematic.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 227
Last edited:
Jessman,

Awesome looking box there! Are you using them in stereo and do you find that they have more than enough SPL to rock the house?

Thanks for the compliment. I only have the Duratexed one for myself, the stained one I build for a friend so I'm only using one.

As far as having enough SPL to rock the house, its a pretty subjective thing. My opinion of it is I am very pleased with the amount of output they have. I'm powering mine with a Dayton 250 watt plate amp. I loaned the box to a friend to demo for a while and during a social event at his place he had it pretty much running wide open playing some dubstep. It definitely didn't leave me wanting for any more output, but like I said, "loud enough" is different things to different people.

I really couldn't be any happier with the design. Both the quantity and quality of sound you get out if it is going to be very tough to beat with anything of similar cost or size.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.