can someone please help me design an enclosure for my subwoofer

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi vishnupg,

You are providing no help as to your application, enclosure size, room size, placement, etc.

Anyway, to get things started: Hornresp is a free design software that you might find helpfull:
Hornresp
After downloading and installing, please, read through the help file, it is quite informative.

The speaker you are referencing does not look like much of a subwoofer, and I would recommend you measure the T/S parameters yourself (in addition to what you have in the specification sheet) before you spend a lot of time on designing, or cutting wood:
Measuring Loudspeaker Driver Parameters

Regards,

Attachments

• IWAI-8_T-QWP.JPG
    IWAI-8_T-QWP.JPG
    382.9 KB · Views: 235
FWIW, some measured specs:

GM

Hi GM,

Good news!
I plugged your numbers into my previously submitted simulation and found the measured T/S to be slightly improving the suggestion despite the new driver Sd is larger than the advertised..

The driver would still fit the enclosure with CSA= 224cm^2 as long as the internal width is close to 21 cm.

b:)

Attachments

• IWAI-8_T-QWP-meas.TS.jpg
    IWAI-8_T-QWP-meas.TS.jpg
    468.6 KB · Views: 169
  • IWAI-8_T-QWP-meas-New.JPG
    IWAI-8_T-QWP-meas-New.JPG
    240.2 KB · Views: 167
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.