diyAudio

diyAudio (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/)
-   Subwoofers (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/subwoofers/)
-   -   can someone please help me design an enclosure for my subwoofer (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/subwoofers/215856-can-someone-please-help-me-design-enclosure-my-subwoofer.html)

vishnupg 9th July 2012 04:28 PM

can someone please help me design an enclosure for my subwoofer

Hi,
i am designing a 5.1 hometheater system.i have designed my amplifiers and i am using lm3886 parellel with dc servo for my sub.

My knowledge in designing enclosure for sub is very less....so please help me attain the best performance

vishnupg 9th July 2012 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vishnupg (Post 3086373)
Hi,
i am designing a 5.1 hometheater system.i have designed my amplifiers and i am using lm3886 parellel with dc servo for my sub.

My knowledge in designing enclosure for sub is very less....so please help me attain the best performance

i think vented design will be good

i am using the following woofer Iwai Electronics Pvt. Ltd.

tb46 9th July 2012 08:06 PM

Hi vishnupg,

You are providing no help as to your application, enclosure size, room size, placement, etc.

Anyway, to get things started: Hornresp is a free design software that you might find helpfull:
Hornresp
After downloading and installing, please, read through the help file, it is quite informative.

The speaker you are referencing does not look like much of a subwoofer, and I would recommend you measure the T/S parameters yourself (in addition to what you have in the specification sheet) before you spend a lot of time on designing, or cutting wood:
Measuring Loudspeaker Driver Parameters

Regards,

bjorno 9th July 2012 09:21 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by vishnupg (Post 3086376)
i think vented design will be good

i am using the following woofer Iwai Electronics Pvt. Ltd.

Hi vishnupg,

Submitting a suggestion that I think would suit a LM3886 amp:

b:)

vishnupg 11th July 2012 03:10 PM

thankyou very much guys......i have started with enclosure

GM 12th July 2012 04:53 AM

1 Attachment(s)
FWIW, some measured specs:

GM

bjorno 12th July 2012 02:37 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by GM (Post 3089426)
FWIW, some measured specs:

GM

Hi GM,

Good news!
I plugged your numbers into my previously submitted simulation and found the measured T/S to be slightly improving the suggestion despite the new driver Sd is larger than the advertised..

The driver would still fit the enclosure with CSA= 224cm^2 as long as the internal width is close to 21 cm.

GM 12th July 2012 03:12 PM

:cool:

GM

vishnupg 15th July 2012 02:45 PM

The driver is good one for the price right??

bjorno 15th July 2012 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vishnupg (Post 3092973)
The driver is good one for the price right??

Who knows the price but you? :rolleyes: You're the one who suggested a driver from India. Mail the driver manufactures and post to this thread.