diyAudio (
-   Subwoofers (
-   -   Switch for two sub systems? (

Top Shelf 9th July 2012 12:51 AM

Switch for two sub systems?
Hey everybody, hope someone can help. I have one amp and two double 15" sub boxes and I need to be able to switch from one sub box in one room to the other in the next room,at speaker levels. The amp I'm using is in bridged mode so I only need one switch, but I calculate that the switch should be able to handle at least 20 amps continuous. Does it need to be non- shorting type? Any suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks.

weltersys 9th July 2012 02:49 PM

You definitely do not want a switch that will present the amp with a short.

A 15-20 amp "3 way" switch (SPDT) as used for 120V lighting will work fine for what you want to do, is cheap and can be found at any electrical shop, Home Depot or Lowes.

Top Shelf 9th July 2012 03:21 PM

Thanks Art, I didn't think it was that easy:)

All times are GMT. The time now is 06:07 AM.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2017 diyAudio

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2