Uugh Canada post might have lost my subwoofers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
:mad: Wish there was a local place to me that I could just drive to and buy my parts. I hate dealing with shipping. Something always happens.

Well I ordered two Dayton DVC385-88 from Solen last Wednesday at around 3pm. They shipped it out the following morning and by Friday it was at a depot literally 10 minutes away from me waiting for further processing. When I called them Friday they said "oh no problem, its on the truck and you should get it". Never got it. Called Monday and they said they have no way of knowing if its on the truck or not so someone gave me mis-information.

Now its end of day tuesday and still no update. Called them back and now they say it can take 1-11 days so i gotta wait before they can do a trace. This sucks. I wanted to start doing my build this weekend. Sigh...

Sorry, ranting a little. I hate being out a bunch of money and then not having anything to show.

There should be a tracking number. Likely on your invoice from Solen. Everything Canada Post is tracked. I don't think they offer packages without tracking.

They're also quite good about insurance ime.

Start the build anyways. Can't you make cuts and stuff without the driver?

Good luck.

Ya the tracking number shows no change since the friday. Still shows that its sitting at the depot but it just seems strange. I dont really want to start the build until I have the drivers and can do some measurements after breaking them in for 24 hours. Basically two of them in a huge ported cabinet for home theater use.

There should be a tracking number. Likely on your invoice from Solen. Everything Canada Post is tracked. I don't think they offer packages without tracking.

They're also quite good about insurance ime.

Start the build anyways. Can't you make cuts and stuff without the driver?

Good luck.

Don't panic yet. Canada Post is pretty good. It's true that they do seem to have this limbo period where it can be on a truck and the driver has discretion over when to attempt to deliver it and when to return it to a PO for pick up, but if there is a more serious problem with it getting lost, they will be very serious about tracking it down.

Ok so not to panic yet then. I just found it odd that it got from Quebec to 10minutes away from my place in a day and now nothing ... no updates for a couple days. I can just envision some kids in a rusted civic with my two 15" talking about how they scored something. LOL.

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Don't panic yet. Canada Post is pretty good.

+1.

I have sent 10k + packages in the last 15 years, except for 1 package that got stolen between the boat & parcel force in the UK*, any others that got lost (3 or 4) were really early on, they have gotten better in the last 5 years. Sometimes a package will go astray, but when poked Canada Post finds it pretty quick. There will be a guaranteed delivery time, if it is after that and Solen pokes Canada Posr it will usually show up pretty quick.

*(the same day i got the insurance cheque, the items (clearly identifiable) showed up on eBay UK -- police were informed don't know if anything happened)

dave

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.