Seeking 100watt amp with 24db/octave low pass

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Many thanks 18Hurts, That is exactly what I am looking for. A friend has convinced me that my Paradigm Sig1's need subs. Since I am complete klutz at woodwork, I have decided to build a pair of the 25hz tapped horns since they are available as a flat pack. Using the Anarchy driver, they should be quick enough to keep up with the Paradigms. We shall see. Thanks again Kindest regards John Dozier

Many thanks 18Hurts, That is exactly what I am looking for. A friend has convinced me that my Paradigm Sig1's need subs. Since I am complete klutz at woodwork, I have decided to build a pair of the 25hz tapped horns since they are available as a flat pack. Using the Anarchy driver, they should be quick enough to keep up with the Paradigms. We shall see. Thanks again Kindest regards John Dozier
A 25 Hz TH has a path length around 13 feet long.
Your Paradigm Sig1's will need to be delayed around 10 milliseconds if you want the tapped horn subs to sound "quick enough to keep up with the Paradigms".
If proper integration of TH subs is your goal, a digital signal processor would be what you are looking for, not just a 24 dB crossover.

I just realized that. It has made me rethink the horn idea as I do not want to muddy the sound of the Sig1s with a digital delay. I may go with a more traditional enclosure (i.e. direct radiation)
Unlike early digital delays which had limited HF response, most modern DSP is no more "muddy" than a compact disk, and many DSP units have much better s/n and resolution than a compact disk.

Most dsps are designed for professional use (i.e. sound re-enforcment) and thus lack SOTA digital conversion. I do not wish to degrade the sound of my outboard DAC which is SOTA. I am sure there are some digital delays that are very transparent and also VERY EXPENSIVE. If there is an affordable SOTA delay, please let me know. Thanks

Most dsps are designed for professional use (i.e. sound re-enforcment) and thus lack SOTA digital conversion. I do not wish to degrade the sound of my outboard DAC which is SOTA. I am sure there are some digital delays that are very transparent and also VERY EXPENSIVE. If there is an affordable SOTA delay, please let me know. Thanks
If by "SOTA" you mean "state of the art", what do you define the state of the art as?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.