Recommended sub for PC to match pair of full range monitors.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi guys, im planning to build some subwoofer for my pc monitors, right now i have an FR125 speakers, but thinking about purchase some MA CHR-70. So want to build some sub to fix the low response of these fullrange. Plus i want to use the subwoofer box to add the amplifiers (lm3886) for the CHR70

Thanks

Some questions, answer as many as you can.
Db output @ 1m into your space
Bandwidth eg.20hz to 80hz +-3db
Driver specs(measured or given)
Price in dollars
Power available in watts
How many systems(including amp channels) are to be used?
Size of venue?
Type of music played?
Do you want to build this device from scratch or buy a complete unit and install it?
Does it need to be portable?
External maximum dimension?
Deal breakers? Maybe highlight these parameters so we know exactly what parameters will make you abandon a design.

Just some questions that will put helpers ALOT further down the road your on.

Something like this might be suitable for your needs,

MCM Audio Select 8'' High Excursion Woofer - 120W RMS 4ohm | 55-2421 (552421) | MCM Audio Select

I don't have this exact model but I have some that are similar and a pair of them can fill a medium sized room rather well.

Mine are Optimus PRO-CSW800 that I got quite a few years ago and work very well in a small box,mine are .67 cuft. tuned at about 28hz.
They would be better in a 1 to 1.5 cuft. box as I built them to go in a small car and used the cabin gain to add to the low end level

I have ran the numbers on the mcm drivers as I was looking for some more like mine,So like I said it is similar.
MTX used to make a driver with the exact same spec's as the Optimus but they are hard to find any more.
In fact I like the specs of these better than mine as the Fs is at 25hz where as mine are about 38hz to 42hz.

This would be a good small budget sub unless you are looking for a really Big Boom Bam !!

:cheers:

jer :)

Last edited:
FYI:

b:)

Attachments

• Dayton Audio SD215A-88_T-TQWTs.JPG
    Dayton Audio SD215A-88_T-TQWTs.JPG
    408.1 KB · Views: 141
  • Dayton Audio SD215A-88_T-TQWTs.zip
    202.4 KB · Views: 24
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.