diyAudio

diyAudio (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/)
-   Subwoofers (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/subwoofers/)
-   -   SUBWOOFER LT (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/subwoofers/213821-subwoofer-lt.html)

nelnar 3rd June 2012 05:36 PM

SUBWOOFER LT
 
3 Attachment(s)
Please help me!
Based on this project, which contains two driver 300w RMS each.
I would take the same project, and use only one driver.
How would the measures?
Considering the driver specifications:

Modelo 12SW3D6 12"
Diametro: 12"
Pot. RMS: 300 WRMS
FS: 23.40 Hz
Qes: 0.347
Qms: 3.908
Qts: 0.318
Vas: 175.5 Lts.
Xmax: 13 mm
No: 0.631 %
Sens.: 90.02 W/m
Sd: 53.093 m
Le: 1.9 mH
Re: 2.4 ohm
Bl: 10.36 Tm

sreten 3rd June 2012 05:59 PM

Hi,

If the design is any good, and I'm not saying it is, half the internal
depth dimensions and the front opening and leave everything else
as it is for one driver.

More succinctly half the effective CSA and volumes for one driver,
if you make it narrower don't reduce the depth so much. Having
said that the design doesn't look right to me, YMMV.

rgds, sreten.

nelnar 3rd June 2012 10:09 PM

1 Attachment(s)
So I figured halve the measures of the original design.
Now, I am in doubt.
My idea would be so! (photo attached)
Considering the parameters of the drive, is it correc

nelnar 3rd June 2012 10:15 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by sreten (Post 3047006)
Hi,

If the design is any good, and I'm not saying it is, half the internal
depth dimensions and the front opening and leave everything else
as it is for one driver.

More succinctly half the effective CSA and volumes for one driver,
if you make it narrower don't reduce the depth so much. Having
said that the design doesn't look right to me, YMMV.

rgds, sreten.


So I figured halve the measures of the original design.
Now, I am in doubt.
My idea would be so! (photo attached)
Considering the parameters of the drive, is it correct ?

sreten 3rd June 2012 10:39 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hi,

FWIW the box doesn't look remotely suited to the driver parameters to me.
If the drivers specs are accurate I'd go for a vented box any day of the week.
Any driver that can be vented to 22Hz simply doesn't need a TL of any sort.

rgds, sreten.

bjorno 3rd June 2012 11:15 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by nelnar (Post 3047240)
So I figured halve the measures of the original design.
Now, I am in doubt.
My idea would be so! (photo attached)
Considering the parameters of the drive, is it correct ?

Hi,

It seems to be a correct length of the internal airways but the cross sectional areas don't suit your driver at all even if cut in half.

BTW. You have to completely re-design the two driver enclosure because the drivers are lined vertically not horizontally.

If the drivers had correct T/S parameters and if were paced horizontally you could have divided(vertically) the enclosure cut in two equal halves.

Have a look at the submitted picture where an OD-TL of similar length is shown at the bottom using your driver T/S.

This TL starts with an area(S1) equal to the driver Sd and is terminated with an area of Sd/3(= S4) and a total air-ways length of 16+255+16 = 287 cm counted from the S1 area ending at the terminating port(S4) . The FR is shown too.

Compare: IMO a much better use of your driver would be to convert the OD-TL to a T-TQWT= the rest of the simulations.

b:)

nelnar 6th June 2012 02:05 AM

bjorno you very smart and intelligent, researched the driver nar - 12SW3.
Thank you.
But, my friend, I have no knowledge of your transmission line, but like to put a hand on a saw and work.
What steps you recommend to me just a driver?
Whereas the original design with two speakers.

bjorno 6th June 2012 10:39 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by nelnar (Post 3049666)
...What steps you recommend to me just a driver?
..Whereas the original design with two speakers...

Hi,

This is a DIY forum. Why not help yourself ....Here are a couple of hints on how to interpret the HR layout dimensions for one driver:

b:)

nelnar 7th June 2012 04:56 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by bjorno (Post 3050618)
Hi,

This is a DIY forum. Why not help yourself ....Here are a couple of hints on how to interpret the HR layout dimensions for one driver:

b:)


bjorno!
You are a man of good will to teach!
Makes two hours I'm racking my brain with its layout.
I apologize for my ignorance. But I'm learning from you.
And this is very good, therefore, does require a lot of intelligence.
About the size of the transmission line I understood.
Now do not get on S1, S2, S3 and S4. These measurements are in centimeters?
For the time being grateful for its lessons and dedication, but if you can help me!

nelnar 7th June 2012 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nelnar (Post 3050803)
bjorno!
You are a man of good will to teach!
Makes two hours I'm racking my brain with its layout.
I apologize for my ignorance. But I'm learning from you.
And this is very good, therefore, does require a lot of intelligence.
About the size of the transmission line I understood.
Now do not get on S1, S2, S3 and S4. These measurements are in centimeters?
For the time being grateful for its lessons and dedication, but if you can help me!


Softwarer What are you using for these calculations?


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:25 PM.


vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2014 diyAudio


Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2