SUBWOOFER LT

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'll do an experiment:
glass wool in parallel, and in between, blanket synthetic.

Perfect lining using felt..
..But it looks like your 'synthetic blanket' is folded(shouldn't as the bend will be too dense, thus attenuating to much also if the 'blanket' is compressed) and is filling up the entire left out volume in the picture: DSC02895.jpg,~50% is enough.

The Glass-wool looks also denser than necessary:You may have to remove this if the box becomes over-damped.

Prior to gluing the box-panels air-tight:
Use wood-clamps and do a listening test(or perform a measurement) to find out the sonic impact, if necessary to adjust the filling.

b :)

Prior to gluing the box-panels air-tight:
Use wood-clamps and do a listening test(or perform a measurement) to find out the sonic impact, if necessary to adjust the filling.
b :)

That is a great idea, the amount of filling in these types of designs seems really important. I had been contemplating making removable panel to adjust, but this method may work better.

Nelnar, nice build I hope someone provides a good schematic for you. I am planning on using a miniDSP but I will be watching to see what the experts recommend.

Many thanks for your patience!

BJORNO - really did a test this way and the sound hardly ran through the duct.
Then, the whole blanket acrylic removed, leaving only the glass wool.
But it certainly will not seal before doing all the listening tests.
So far so thankful my friend.
A big hug!

NWCgrad - Hello my friend, welcome to post.
Look, do something yourself (DIY) is very enjoyable, but you have to devote to your job and mainly rely on friends to whom I could find here.
Not wanting to pull Björnö bag, but if it was not for him and his dedication, I would not have gotten this far!
As the blanket inside, I put too much. Now I am testing without the acrylic blanket, only with layers of glass wool.

Last edited:
On the issue of the amplifier.
Well, it's hard to find an amplifier with output of 3 ohms, I'm considering getting a automotive module as this model below. Considering also the value is low. Here in Brazil U.S. 110.00.

http://www.stetsom.com.br/eng/DetalhesProduto.aspx?c=8364&cat=4639

Well, in this case, I will have to acquire a source of 12v to 14v with 50 amps.

I thought this fountain, where the seller assured me that will supply the amplifier.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/600W...y-for-LED-Strip-light-AC-to-DC/621228646.html

regulate the frequency cutoff?

Hello friends.
Now is the amp, but the power supply does not!
As I was anxious, I called the module in a car battery yourself, of course, with a safety fuse.
The source was not from that link posted above, but this one below:

Wholesale Product Snapshot Product name is Free shipping,New 600W 12V50A Switching Power Supply For LED Strip light,220V/110V AC input,12V output +more DHL Free shipping

************************************************** ******************************
Below is the photo of the tests.
*********************************************************************************

reminding the specifications of the subwoofer:

POTÊNCIA RMS: 300-400watts
IMPÊDANCIA: 6+6ohms
SENSIBILIDADE: 88db

Revc=2.300 Ohm

Levc=889.758u H

Fo=28.582 Hz

Sd=53.093m M²

Md=44.000 g

BL=9.648 T·M

Qms= 6.989

Qes= 0.532

Qts= 0.494

No= 0.440 %

SPLo= 88.5 dB

Vas=103.554 Ltr

Cms=258.705u M/N

Mms=119.852 g

Mmd=105.783m Kg

Xmax= 13mm

* Based on the specifications of the subwoofer, which would cut the correct settings on the amplifier STETSOM venom v.600 2ohms?

High pass filter?

Low pass filter?

Attachments

• DSC02916.jpg
    DSC02916.jpg
    770.5 KB · Views: 89
  • DSC02917.jpg
    DSC02917.jpg
    644.1 KB · Views: 82
  • DSC02918.jpg
    DSC02918.jpg
    510.7 KB · Views: 74
  • DSC02919.jpg
    DSC02919.jpg
    367.6 KB · Views: 79
Last edited:
Okay, now finished internally. Have pasted everything.
Missing only external painting
As for playing, is playing extremely well.
It took work to do, gave!
But it was rewarding.
Nothing is paid for a job you do the same, especially with affection and with much care.
I thank you all, and a special thanks to Björnö!

Attachments

• DSC02932.jpg
    DSC02932.jpg
    435.9 KB · Views: 61
  • DSC02933.jpg
    DSC02933.jpg
    464.9 KB · Views: 62
  • DSC02935.jpg
    DSC02935.jpg
    641 KB · Views: 54
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.