OB with elegance

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
So I thought I get me some new woofers:
SH108945.JPG

This time I didn't want to go H-frame, U-frame or any frame at all.
An animated thread on a Swedish forum lead to the conclusion that I don't need to get framed at all.

Given some high excursion, low Qts and low distorsion woofers one could just as easily Eq all the way to the goal.

Provided of course that the woofers were direct driven, and in my case, by one GC per element driven by separate USB DAC woofer outputs, one for each side. Frequency Allocator should do the filtering and Equing.

So let´s go OB.

This time I didn't want to go H-frame, U-frame or any frame at all.
An animated thread on a Swedish forum lead to the conclusion that I don't need to get framed at all.

Given some high excursion, low Qts and low distorsion woofers one could just as easily Eq all the way to the goal.

Provided of course that the woofers were direct driven, and in my case, by one GC per element driven by separate USB DAC woofer outputs, one for each side. Frequency Allocator should do the filtering and Equing.

So let´s go OB.

While you don't have to use a frame isn't that basically just a waste of excursion and in the end a worse performing system than one with frames?

First one set of, I don't know the English word for it but freely from Swedish it would be "nail strip", over the motor and a second set of the magnets (sorry for the blurry pictures):

SH109020.JPG

SH109022.JPG

I let the nail strip over the magnets to be more relaxed mounted to the "pole" by using silicone rubber.
The nail strip is also padded with vibration dampeners.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.