B&C 18ps100 vs PD.186 vs JBL 2241H for hifi?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I would say JBL 2241H or 2242H.
It all depends on equalization I think.
The B&C driver mentioned has a lower fs and an mms of 200 g
The JBL's mms is 145 g, if all the other specs are correct.
Too many manufactures seem to have incorrect VAS, fs, BL, Qts specs
I saw another thread about pro drivers and several people were claiming the the 18 inch pro driver had too much moving mass. Even though most 18 inch pro drivers have less moving mass than a Dayton's 12 inch HO driver, you know the one.
I used to like home drivers cones better, but they move so much more they need stiffer cones, I think. I say put it in a small vented box. As small as you can make it, so the port fits and use EQ with pro drivers for home use. I use kx drivers, running off my computer though. Pretty easy to EQ.
Actually I tend to go with a heavier cone of 18 inch pro drivers around 200g. I just have a 2241H laying around. 90+ sensitivity is good for home use.
I'm all over the place because I'm high on one cup of coffee! :rofl:

I been modeling the JBL 2241H and I want to tune it to 25 Hz, but the group delay is off the chart (goes to 24 ms). Tuned to 35 Hz it's 16 or so.
Am I better off tuning it to 35 Hz?

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.