THAM12 - a compact 12" TH

Hello all !

For some time now I have been pondering the concept of a 12" TH, I have also noticed several threads poping up regarding 12" TH's, so why not make a contribution ?

A coupple of weeks ago my good friend Johannes Rodin really kicked it off by sending me the spec's for the Beyma 12P80Nd driver, and this driver became the base for the development, but then I realized that it was rather expensive.

The THAM12 is roughly half the size of a THAM15, but it should still provide a good alternative to the other great designs out there, especially if you are after a very compact solution.

Thanks (again) Johannes for providing great ideas and helping out with the balancing of different driver proposals.

This is the THAM12 :

Martinsson's Blog -THAM12

(includes drawings and simulations of numerous drivers)

example with B&C12PS100 in 1PI env. :
THAM12_FINAL_HRSPL1PI_BC_12PS100.jpg

Enjoy! // Martinsson

Last edited:
hi martin many times i don't ur tham because very difficult to find the drv in thailand and do well with the tham. this tham will ok. looking for the graph i will be satisfy. the p audio sn12 500b und one system drv from a new factory in thai sim so good. one system und ok ill save ur plan thanks:)

Attachments

• sn12-500b.jpg
    sn12-500b.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 1,494
  • onesystem.jpg
    onesystem.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 1,485
Thanks Thawach, and thanks for sharing your findings, I'll look into these drivers aswell.

I have also heard that the JBL GTI1200 (carwoofer) and Beyma 12P80Fe works fine in the THAM12, good news, it seems my goal of making one box fits (all) well most of them :) is well on its way to be realized :)

Anyone else got any good candidates not allready discovered out there ?

Yes (I think :eek::D); To be clear, the sim for the SM-110n (black) has a more flattering response than the 10br60v2 (grey). The 12BR70 was even more peaky than the 12br60. Hope this clears that up. That said, you do realize that the 12LX50V2 (original spec driver) will take tons more power (400w) to xmax compared to these 10" (50w) and have 10db+ more output/be over 3x louder, right? Should be fine as it is not PA and just a room sub.

Attachments

• BeymasTHAM12.png
    BeymasTHAM12.png
    89.6 KB · Views: 766