sealed or ported - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Subwoofers

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 20th March 2012, 11:59 AM   #11
mlr is offline mlr  Philippines
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
thnaks a lot... i'll try to do some research with it...
  Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2012, 12:42 PM   #12
mlr is offline mlr  Philippines
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
It is made of paper cone, hope i can get at least a full range of the bass effect with this thing. by the way, here are the specs:
Peerless 830668 10" Dayton sub woofer
Power handling: 110 watts RMS/220 watts max
Impedance: 8 ohms
Frequency response: 33.3-2,000 Hz
  Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2012, 05:28 PM   #13
diyAudio Member
 
lduarte1973's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Lisbon
you have these too , dont know if they fit your criteria :

aluminium cone , not fiberglass

Scan-Speak 26W/8534G00 Discovery - RumoH - Caps, coils and speakers

Scan-Speak 26W/4534G00 Discovery - RumoH - Caps, coils and speakers
  Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2012, 07:15 PM   #14
tinitus is offline tinitus  Europe
diyAudio Moderator R.I.P.
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
SB Acoustics :: WOOFERS
  Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2012, 07:26 PM   #15
diyAudio Member
 
lduarte1973's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Lisbon
tinitus do you know what material SB makes their cones of ?
  Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2012, 09:22 PM   #16
tinitus is offline tinitus  Europe
diyAudio Moderator R.I.P.
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
says hard paper
the two new 10" looks like alu
  Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2012, 02:07 PM   #17
mlr is offline mlr  Philippines
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by lduarte1973 View Post
tinitus do you know what material SB makes their cones of ?
whats that made of?
  Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2012, 02:10 PM   #18
mlr is offline mlr  Philippines
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by lduarte1973 View Post
you have these too , dont know if they fit your criteria :

aluminium cone , not fiberglass

Scan-Speak 26W/8534G00 Discovery - RumoH - Caps, coils and speakers

Scan-Speak 26W/4534G00 Discovery - RumoH - Caps, coils and speakers
i already have a pair of10" subs... just not sure though as to what enclosure fits better.
  Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2012, 02:26 PM   #19
mdocod is offline mdocod  United States
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Black Forest, CO
Send a message via AIM to mdocod
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlr View Post
It is made of paper cone, hope i can get at least a full range of the bass effect with this thing. by the way, here are the specs:
Peerless 830668 10" Dayton sub woofer
Power handling: 110 watts RMS/220 watts max
Impedance: 8 ohms
Frequency response: 33.3-2,000 Hz
That driver is suitable for nearly any box type you want to try. The main consideration is, how big and complicated do you want the box to get?
  Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2012, 03:03 PM   #20
Andy17 is offline Andy17  Germany
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdocod View Post
That driver is suitable for nearly any box type you want to try. The main consideration is, how big and complicated do you want the box to get?
In simulation:
sealed Box from 75-150l (bigger better ;-) )
ported Box from 100l 30Hz - 150l 26Hz.
(For ported a subsonic Filter ~20Hz would prevent for overload)
What is better depends on room an your liking ;-)
  Reply With Quote

Reply


Hide this!Advertise here!
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
SEALED OR PORTED?! carshateme Car Audio 6 11th October 2011 05:28 PM
Ported and sealed and horned, OH MY! MichiganMan Subwoofers 10 18th January 2011 04:13 PM
sealed vs. ported sonu Multi-Way 25 9th May 2005 12:50 PM
Sealed or ported? mazeroth Subwoofers 13 23rd November 2004 12:44 PM
¿Sealed or Ported? eXn Car Audio 28 11th October 2004 11:05 PM


New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 01:25 AM.


vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright ©1999-2014 diyAudio

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2