Xoc1 6F TH

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi Y'all,

What were the results of the test boxes for the 6-Fold, and is there a consensus as to preference between the 6-Fold (30Hz), and the TH-18 (35Hz)?

Regards,

Oliver
I did not get a chance to build the 6fold tapped horn. I just finish building my first tapped horn for a friend using 18 sound lw1400. My friend was so amazed with the bass he ask me to build 6 more for him. Enough respect to epa for the design.The crazy bass:D
2013-01-13 17.24.08.jpg

20130119_202236 (1).jpg

Last edited:
Otherwise, no one has build a test box for the 6-Fold yet? Is that because the Xoc1 TH18 is considered better?
Oliver,

It appears that the amount of cabinets actually built is inversely proportional to the cabinet volume.

Pasc built the Xoc1 TH18, and the slightly larger Keystone, which he preferred.
Both are sitting in a garage, while he uses smaller cabinets using cheaper cones that don't go as low, but still have plenty of upper bass, to save his back.

Art

Otherwise, no one has build a test box for the 6-Fold yet? Is that because the Xoc1 TH18 is considered better?

tb46, epa & everyone else,

I built the 6 Fold test box, remember?

Played low notes very well, but not quite enough overall output for my space-to-output needs. A lot of music we have contains very low notes, but not many of those songs are songs we would play out at a show. For me/us, the TH-18s were our best bet for our DnB, dubstep & other bass music shows.

Anyone

What is the difference b etween a symmetic tapped horn vs th18 vs 6fold
Which one give off better bass response and have sound quality
there is not much difference,besides the tuning and size.
the symetric uses a litle more wood ,but has a L1>L2 of 0,01 ,wich can be an advantage.:rolleyes:

Hi epa,

Thanks for the drawings. Did you work any more on the cone correction? This cabinet seems to be a natural for that. By the way, what is the width of the cabinet?

Regards,
hi oliver
in the testbox i bild i didnt use a correction,it was fine the way it was.
agreed its easy to put a piramid in the center.
internal pannels are 19.5 "(50cm) wide:)

tb46, epa & everyone else,

I built the 6 Fold test box, remember?

Played low notes very well, but not quite enough overall output for my space-to-output needs. A lot of music we have contains very low notes, but not many of those songs are songs we would play out at a show. For me/us, the TH-18s were our best bet for our DnB, dubstep & other bass music shows.
hi justin
actualy i seemed to remember that,but i couldn't find it.
so i asumed it wasn't so.:eek:
is the th 118 louder then the 6 section 30 hz?
i remember it was about 200ltrs bigger.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.