Active Sub versus Car sub

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I know that there have been alot of threads on car subs and things alike, but im in dire straits here. Im from australia and i need some serious advice on purchasing subs. I only have about 150 bucks to spend on my home audio, so i need some good advice guys lol. What im thinking of doin is buying an 8inch active sub thats about 80watts rms for my home system, but i dunno wether i would be better off buying a 10 or 12 inch car sub afor about 100watts through to 200watts RMS and just build a box for it later. If i do choose to buy the car subs, how will i power them chealy? i know you can buy a 12vDC conveter to a car amp but it won't supply the correct amount of amps, and i dont have much money to go and buy a 14VDC converter supplying like 30amps. What should i do? i really need help, i just want some good bass :'( please help me someoneJust let me know what i can do with 150 bucks for my home stereo to supply good bass.please help, thanks heaps guys
Troy

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.