System Pictures & Description / Subwoofer Gallery

Hey people,

my first try. No experience (but the knowledge of the whole world via the diy Audio Forums), no (electric) tools (it's a challenge, not a handicap), low budget (maybe not so bad for a newbie). Still under construction, 2.1 stereo system, 2.5-way floorstanders with 2x Gradient W130 AL Midwoofers and a Monacor DTM104/8 Softdome Tweeter, 3 active Channels, powered by 3 LM3886 Chipamps in the lower rear of the box. Mivoc AW 3000 12" Subwoofer in 50l sealed, powered by 2x TDA7293 parallel. I didn't expect much, but (for the small budget) I'm really impressed. I love what I hear ;) .

Pic: right box & subwoofer >

best regards
J.

Attachments

• 100422 700w.jpg
    100422 700w.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 286
Reactions: 1 user
Here's a few pics of mine, some under construction and sketches of my t-tqwt subs and my corner loaders. Peerless 831759s.

Some of the pics are from the room that I'm still in the process of building.
Im sorry to bring this back from the begining of the thread, but the , correct me if its not the correct term, folded horn design is so cool. How does that sound ? what type of driver ? do you have a build thread ?

I'm looking to build a or multiple subwoofer and that could be a solution.

#1 of 2 new subwoofers for the main listening room (it's twin isn't finished yet). Dual Vida NE315-8 driven by a Hypex FA-501. Box is simple ported design with 4" port tuned to somewhere in the mid-20s. Box volume is approximately 2.2cuft. I'll have to run an impedance sweep if I want true tuning freq, but likely won't. A hz +/- doesn't matter that much.

PXL_20230202_162604907.jpg

Laminated hardboard construction with blasting media filled walls.

DSP is used to bring up bottom end. Subwoofer is overall power and vent velocity limited to ~108dB. Design (shape/asthetics) and woofer drove size restrictions and other compromises.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 1 users