Need help finding a 18" driver for a sub cabinet

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
www.mcmelectronics.com has a low-price driver. I used it to replace a JBL 2245H driver; the foam surround of which fell apart. This one has a durable paper accordion surround. A picture of the (small) refrigerator-size cabinet fitting this subwoofer is attached. This website also sells a 21'' driver.

Attachments

• IMG_2395.jpg
    IMG_2395.jpg
    406.6 KB · Views: 190
Nobody says you have to install an 18 inch driver in the hole. Why do you want to be stuck looking for a suitable 18 inch driver when you have a vast choice of drivers doing the same thing (and prolly better) at 15 inches?

A box that size sure makes a good sealed enclosure!

Go for quality.

Ben

Theo,

What is the budget you are looking to stay in?

That box size and tuning should work with a lot of 18" drivers out there. The ones you choose really depend on what performance level and price point you are looking for. I am particularly fond of RCF and B&C brand drivers, but they aren't all that cheap.

Eric

Theo,

What is the budget you are looking to stay in?

That box size and tuning should work with a lot of 18" drivers out there. The ones you choose really depend on what performance level and price point you are looking for. I am particularly fond of RCF and B&C brand drivers, but they aren't all that cheap.

Eric

I was looking to spend around $200 per driver.

Thanks,

Theo

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.