Feel the bass?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
It's important to understand, that to fill large spaces, with intense bass, normally requires enormous power. Are you in the states? elsewhere? What sort of power will you have available? Many individual circuits are limited to ~1800-3600W here in the states depending on application. Large venue sound reinforcement can reach into the 50,000-500,000W category to bring levels up to concert status and require abnormal taps into the mains to get there. I can think of a handful of single driver sub designs that could require well over 1000W average of real power to an amp during normal musical programs of modern musical "content." Large venues will often implement an entire array of such an animal.

Also, It's important to understand, that when folks like us ask about box size restrictions, we aren't kidding around. Are you alright with building boxes the size of refrigerators? By the time they are all braced up, they would weigh more than a single person could handle and all moving attempts will require proper planning and dolly's. Too big?

That's why I recommended the rmx 5050's. A few of them should be enough power to make a few boxes boogey!!

But yes some people don't realize what it actually takes to get there (distribution setups which can cost thousands themselves) multiple cabinets and multiple large amplifiers.

This is the kind of amplification required. The top left is one of those 5050's. The other 3 sub amps are the same power (still kicking myself for not buying more). Those RMX5050's keep going up and up and up in price. New ones could be had for $1100 back when I bought that one. I've often wondered if the XLS5000D is worth bothering with for cheap - whether it's in the same class as the RMX, or a POS like the other cheap Crowns.

The 'distro' is something you may or may not be able to get away with using depending on what kind of code enforcement you're up against. It plugs into a 4-wire range socket. 50A/240V service required.

Attachments

• 100_0180.jpg
    100_0180.jpg
    218.9 KB · Views: 168
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.