TH-scaling & modelling - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Subwoofers

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 14th January 2012, 01:17 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default TH-scaling & modelling

Hello fellow DIY's
This thread is dedicated to rescaling / modelling tapped horn design.
Inspired by Xoc1, col & this thread: SS15 build x8

Xoc1 came up with a ss15 design suited user col & a birch ply box that I already have, with the inner dimensions 90x70x60:

Click the image to open in full size.

Rescaling:
I don't know too much about this as I've only been working with FLH before, now it's time for tapping!

Scaling width:
To scale a tapped horn to fit a new driver, change the width, this is what I understood from TAD-th thread on speakerplans.

Rescaling horns is done by scaling up all sides, like I've seen it with scoops. This thread was stared because i wanted to scale up ss15 to get the size 90x70x60, this seemed quite possible. I don't know if this can be done with other designs?

Another challenge is how I get the best out of my 5 sheets 18mm 151cmx151cm 15 layers ply + 4pcs. pd.156.
-These sheets don't fit the single sheet challenge, like my box didn't fit anything. This thread is for misfits:-)

I like the simplicity of Tham15 & wood1y rcf designs, because they're designet with only one angle not being 90 degrees, this is easier for fitting boards in a premade box, overall it's just easier!
How do the ss15 / tham 15 spl compare, tham15 is smaller i think.

Last edited by $$Maan; 14th January 2012 at 01:39 PM.

Hide this!Advertise here!