TH-scaling & modelling

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello fellow DIY's
This thread is dedicated to rescaling / modelling tapped horn design.
Inspired by Xoc1, col & this thread: http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/subwoofers/202797-ss15-build-x8-3.html

Xoc1 came up with a ss15 design suited user col & a birch ply box that I already have, with the inner dimensions 90x70x60:

259983d1326389188-ss15-build-x8-jbc-18.jpg

Rescaling:
I don't know too much about this as I've only been working with FLH before, now it's time for tapping!

Scaling width:
To scale a tapped horn to fit a new driver, change the width, this is what I understood from TAD-th thread on speakerplans.

Rescaling horns is done by scaling up all sides, like I've seen it with scoops. This thread was stared because i wanted to scale up ss15 to get the size 90x70x60, this seemed quite possible. I don't know if this can be done with other designs?

Another challenge is how I get the best out of my 5 sheets 18mm 151cmx151cm 15 layers ply + 4pcs. pd.156.
-These sheets don't fit the single sheet challenge, like my box didn't fit anything. This thread is for misfits:)

I like the simplicity of Tham15 & wood1y rcf designs, because they're designet with only one angle not being 90 degrees, this is easier for fitting boards in a premade box, overall it's just easier!
How do the ss15 / tham 15 spl compare, tham15 is smaller i think.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.