SS15 build x8

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Update:

Got to really use them for the first time at a prom this weekend. all i can say is WOW!!!! we only used 4 at this prom. 4 sounds amazing! every song has really nice bass in it. even slow songs.

the moment that put a smile on my face was when i went into the bathroom, which is on the other side of the gym and across the hall, and could hear all the vents and fixtures in the bathroom slightly humming and rattling.

did not really have any issues with the casters on the back rattling. they rattle a little bit when you hit some frequencies but it does not happen very often. and the grills do not rattle either.

i'm very please with my build. these will serve me very well for many years to come.

i'm going to run 4 at a prom we have in 2 weeks and all 8 at a grade party we have in june at the Evergreen Aviation and Space Museum. I hope we dont shake any air planes down.

bob

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

It's all about the look...

or maybe it's more convenient...

but it should look OK if you lay them on their sides, and it shouldn't be too hard to do that either.

However, I do love a bit of mortar dust floating down from the rafters, it looks great in the beams of my lighting effects!

I do think a vertical stack, each on the side of the one above, in a corner of the room, facing into the room, could sound the best. In fact, you're more likely to have to reduce the bass a little, due to the massive corner gain on top of the gain and directionality of proper stacking! If 8 hight is too much, a 2 wide, 4 high stack should leave few eyes dry.

Regards, Ben

Last edited:
Thank you for all the nice comments! i will try side stacking them next weekend to see how they sound.

yes i'm using the 3015LF driver. i did not realize they were modeled with the lab15 too. to me they sounded perfect. i have not had time to take measurements. i really wanted light weight and was willing to pay extra for the 3015LF. in the end with casters, driver, grill and all other hardware the total weight is 65 LBS. not bad at all.

the school puts the covering on the floors every year. it is some sort of rubbery plastic sheet material. i think it is sort of weird to walk and dance on but i think it is to protect the floors from any damage.

bob

Nice work Bob! I like your build.

Thank you for all the nice comments! i will try side stacking them next weekend to see how they sound.

yes i'm using the 3015LF driver. i did not realize they were modeled with the lab15 too. to me they sounded perfect. i have not had time to take measurements. i really wanted light weight and was willing to pay extra for the 3015LF. in the end with casters, driver, grill and all other hardware the total weight is 65 LBS. not bad at all.

the school puts the covering on the floors every year. it is some sort of rubbery plastic sheet material. i think it is sort of weird to walk and dance on but i think it is to protect the floors from any damage.

bob

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.