Box Design..logically or not?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Got 4 audiobahn alum10n and currently the box I have them in is a sealed box..2 are on the face plate and 2 are on the top....the top ones are causing problems to my 6x9s...so I'm thinking about building a ported box for them...but I don't even know if this is wise to make a box like this one...

Box tuned to 35hz...for I don't listen to much deep bass rap songs...mostly dubstep and techno..

Picture listed below. Thank you for your input.
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Just sim for max Pe and then sim port air velocity at the max Pe (usually Xmax limited but not always). Normal rule of thumb is to shoot for less than 12m/s at peak, however, in the case of a car sub, I think you could get away with a little more since it's being masked behind a rear seat in most cases.

Other than checking for those things, and making sure the back of the drivers have clearance (they aren't going to "interfere?), I don't see anything "wrong" with this for a car sub application.

Eric

I redid the design....because it was flawed in a lot of spots...yes both drivers would've fit...but the magnets would've been been fighting against each other... So here's my new box. It's build to hug my wheel wells and such. I know there's A LOT of braces......idk if I should have them all...I may remove the ones against the sides and just keep the middle ones.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.