Eminence Lab 12 Business

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi guys, I'd appreciate some input on an idea I have, I was basicaly considering building a pair of ported lab 12 subwoofers in around 100l boxes tuned to around 21 hz powered by a behringer ep 2000 complete with appropriate low pass filters and selectable crossovers, and selling the complete system for £850 (including vat).

But then it occoured to me there were a few problems, first as I intended this to be a high end product the fan noise of the behringer is clearly going to be a problem.

So I'd appreciate some input on this, if theres another suitable amp/anything I can do. Also please if you think its a bad idea tell me, I don't want to bark up the wrong tree. Performance wise I think it represents good value...

Thanks a lot.

I'd use one per box with 500w plate amps and sell them in pairs :)
A single lab 12 in that 100L box with a 500w plate amp would sound better and you'd solve a bunch of design problems. Mostly vent size and length requirements. Also, two lab 12 in an undersized box may have much more potential output (119db/770w)) between 40 and 90Hz F3 =35Hz , but one in the same box will do 112db/300w with F3 =25Hz. Two boxes would hit 118db/623w and go lower.

Sorry I didn't make this clear....I meant one lab 12 driver per 100l cabinet. The reason I wanted to sell them in pairs was because of the expense of plate amps, whereas an ep will power 2 with ease.

If you can suggest where I can get cheap 4-500w plate amps please let me know (im in the uk).

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.