175L sub ideas

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi All,

I have a 175L box (custom built Tannoy Arden) that I'd like to turn into a sealed sub. It already has a cut out for 15" driver. Do you have any ideas as to what design I could use (driver, amp, etc...)? I'd like to make this an ultimate sub and am not opposed to using different configurations (like isobaric). It will be used exclusively for music in a very large room.

I would appreciate your suggestions.

Cheers,

Rafal

How big is the room exactly?
What do you listen to movies and music, what sort of music?
What is LOUD - louder than the rest of your speakers, what are they, how much power do you have?

The room is about 20' by 30' (it's the basement of our house). I mainly listen to Jazz and some alternative, electronica, rock, classical...The rest of my system is a pair of tannoy GRF Rectangular powered by a 75Wpc push-pull tube amp (McAlister PP-150). I don't need the sub to be louder than the rest of by speakers but it would be nice if it matched them in volume.

Cheers,

Rafal

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.