5 hz bass @ 125 db in room - Page 7 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Subwoofers

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 6th December 2011, 01:08 AM   #61
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by revboden View Post
I'm in a mastering studio for movie production. I'd say more but that would out me.

I can say there are six TC Sounds LMS-R 15" in custom built IB style enclosures 23ft^3 (650L) each, EQ'd flat in room from 30hz to 12Hz at 120db.
Pretty jealous.....not going to lie. I think if I do this I will just buy a lot of tc ultras, ep 4000's and a generator..
Old 6th December 2011, 01:18 AM   #62
diyAudio Member

Understand that I'm in a sealed room with soundproof metal doors and they were still flexing. The pressure you'll be dealing with at these frequencies will take a wood door off it's hinges and shatter windows. The 1.5" thick lexan control window was flexing noticeably.
Old 6th December 2011, 01:32 AM   #63
diyAudio Member

Noted....spend half the budget on soundproofing first...got it. Think I may go with 10 ultras and see if I want more after that. The 60000 was a ball park, I'll spend whatever it takes (if its 10k or 100k). Thanks for all the help.

For the record do you think datsik ever meant for people to experience the 5hz at club volumes?
Old 6th December 2011, 01:39 AM   #64
diyAudio Member

No.

Well... he could just be someone who dosen't know what it takes to make 5Hz. ie no club will have the gear. Or that there are HP filters on all pro rigs.

who knows
Old 6th December 2011, 11:54 PM   #65
NEO Dan is online now NEO Dan  United States
diyAudio Member

I have a great box for the LMS-R, tuning is about 12Hz. It's what you get when your box grows up using the rest of the second sheet of wood.
Click the image to open in full size.
Old 7th December 2011, 12:37 AM   #66
Djim is offline Djim  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by running123 View Post
For the record do you think datsik ever meant for people to experience the 5hz at club volumes?
A quick look at Datsik's Facebook gives you an idea about his boombastic ultra low frequency studio monitor system...
Old 7th December 2011, 02:51 AM   #67
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djim View Post
A quick look at Datsik's Facebook gives you an idea about his boombastic ultra low frequency studio monitor system...
you never know...armin van buuren still uses his original monitors sometimes......
Old 7th December 2011, 03:15 AM   #68
Djim is offline Djim  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by running123 View Post
you never know...armin van buuren still uses his original monitors sometimes......
He makes sure a mastering engineer takes care of unwanted LF content (as far as I know all productions from Armada).
Old 7th December 2011, 04:04 AM   #69
diyAudio Member

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 7th December 2011, 08:58 AM   #70
diyAudio Member

The armin thing was meant as a joke....he filters each layer of music himself as the he makes the production anyhow. (and im pretty sure he wouldn't put a reference 5 hz sine wave in for fun).

Hide this!Advertise here!