Cheap Tang Band mini Horns are back!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Let's see some nice small designs for these woofers!
http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?Partnumber=264-919

I like my volvotretter 38hz horns loaded with these woofers, but the price of them (because of the Neo magnet) is getting crazy.
Tang Band W6-1139SI 6-1/2" Subwoofer 264-832

slightly different specs, ferrite magnet drivers have slightly lower fs, so lets see some new designs! $54 each plus some wood and glue, makes for a nice small horn perfect for smaller, unobtrusive systems!

Price is now $48 each

Last edited:
I don't think that 30hz and VERY small should be used together. 30hz and REASONABLY small is more realistic. Small footprint single fold (tall) horn is do-able. Corner loaded (and out of the way) could produce decent 30hz spl.

I'm working on simming a TQWP for this bad boy. Just need some more time.

9998987.jpg

9998990.jpg

9998993.jpg

9998996.jpg

Count me in for a new design based on that driver. Would love to see very small box tapped horn that could hit at least 30 hz with authority. Sick of big boxes.

Hi,

Small box with authority including SQ? That is a huge contradiction to what Hoffmans Iron Law stipulates and gross wishful thinking of SQ especially when loud HT SPL's is written on the Santa Claus wish-list.

IMO, If it's the footprint of the sub that determines what is small, its possible to design a good sounding sub but if only a 'cube-like' design, the result will be no better than a small computer-sub.

:D The picture= Design using IKEA-Blanda :

b:)

Attachments

• Tang-Band-W6-1139SIF_isobaric-IKEA-Blanda.JPG
    Tang-Band-W6-1139SIF_isobaric-IKEA-Blanda.JPG
    620.2 KB · Views: 643
Hi BP1Fanatic,

When I messed around with this driver I thought it was a little too touchy on the Wizard sliders when I reduced the volume to about 35 L, and it lost about 5 dB. Also, the impulse response looked bad. By the way, I found that adding about 5mH to the Le helped. But yes, it can be done.

Regards,

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.