At Last....a "Musical" Sub

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Just finished putting together a pair of Vifa NE265W. Took a risk. I was hoping they are not one of those HT subs that excel in earth shattering 20Hz and nothing more.

I'm happy to say it paid off handsomely. These are by far the best subs for music that I have (and I have many). Very articulate. So much so that I'm able to cross at 125Hz (where most of the details in the mid bass reside). It also means I can use a pair of small satellites which I happen to have right now (picture on right).

The Micro (1.5L satellite) started out as an endeavor in full range. Ended up as a quasi first order 2-way.

An extremely simple Bi-amp System to build. Excellent sound quality. Not too costly and best of all ...... Unobtrusive (read wife happy:)).

Attachments

• NE265W.jpg
    NE265W.jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 900
  • NE265_MICRO.jpg
    NE265_MICRO.jpg
    132.1 KB · Views: 865
Those are really pretty, extremely high WAF (matched with the right room decor) I imagine.
Not words you can usually say about Sub's.

My next build will be even prettier, as in designing specifically to appeal to a woman. Instead of the traditional finish, I'm planning to use wall paper. I think the WAF factor will shoot through the roof.

Maybe a slim tower, 2 units of 5-1/4 for the lows, 4-1/2 for mid-woofer and tweeter.

Including one that is inna cardboard box!!!!! I THINK THAT IS OUTSTANDING!!!:D:D:D

Nice to see my DIY appreciated.....:D:D:D

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.