Interesting PPSL sub.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
So yes it's a strange shape but I wanted something the TV could sit on and it gets the sub out of the way with great SPL output too! There will be extra bracing from some offcuts I have, another great thing with this is you can fit the cutting list into one sheet of 8' x 4'. I will be building tomorrow to see how it comes out.

The driver used is the Peerless SLS-213 8" and the enclosure is 1.94m wide, 30cm tall and 35cm deep. Just 64W for max SPL.

Here are some specs...

Screenshot2011-11-11at230330.png

Screenshot2011-11-11at230611.png

Screenshot2011-11-11at230630.png

Screenshot2011-11-11at230434.png

Screenshot2011-11-11at230450.png

Screenshot2011-11-11at230443.png

Thanks, there may well be very obvious flaws to this design please let me know and i'll se what I can do!

an opinion:
I suspect the vents could have less area (Ap = 200) with the same length to lower the tuning a bit. I find flat past 35Hz is a bit boomy. -3db per octave from 40Hz to 20Hz works well for me.

edit: + HP at 22Hz

Thanks I will probably do that I will prob keep it flat though as I will be using minidsp digital crossovers hopefully so I can fine tune from there.

any reason you put the vents to the outside rather than close to the driver front output? Only reason I ask is , having the ports 3 feet away from the front radiation may cause some response anomalies other wise it looks cool:)

Yes this is prob one of the biggest compromises of this build although i plan to be sitting about 4m away from it it hopefully won't be that bad. I have simmed it at 1m with 0.5m difference from driver to port distance to the listener and it just lowers SPL about -3db at 25Hz but his is also acceptable form me as not a huge amount of content that low will be played. I also can't fit the pieces needed to make to port closer to the driver out of one sheet of wood.

Thanks
Please keep the ideas coming

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.