15" kicker l7 30hz box design help !!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I hadn't forgotten about you... A front loaded horn is all I came up with.

Attachments

• l7.JPG
    l7.JPG
    57.9 KB · Views: 556
jbell is right on about the bracing. I used 4" 5" & 6" holes in the drawing as an example.
Here you go:

Attachments

• Mouth_detail.png
    Mouth_detail.png
    16.9 KB · Views: 195
  • 15L7TP_Detail_2.png
    15L7TP_Detail_2.png
    21 KB · Views: 127
  • 15L7TP_Detail_1.png
    15L7TP_Detail_1.png
    25.7 KB · Views: 133
  • 15L7TP_CS1.png
    15L7TP_CS1.png
    46.4 KB · Views: 480
  • 15L7TP_1.png
    15L7TP_1.png
    76.7 KB · Views: 498
  • 15L7TP_Detail_3.png
    15L7TP_Detail_3.png
    14.3 KB · Views: 105
Last edited:
SATISFIED!! box is done. I have lights going out from them being rattled, parts of my house shaking i have never seen before. This box is amazing finally satisfied 1 15" kicker and 2 3015lf's all in a stealth setup behind the tv.. Thanks everyone..

Attachments

• IMAG0897.jpg
    IMAG0897.jpg
    427.7 KB · Views: 254
  • IMAG0892.jpg
    IMAG0892.jpg
    572.4 KB · Views: 250
  • IMAG0895.jpg
    IMAG0895.jpg
    554.2 KB · Views: 228
  • IMAG0894.jpg
    IMAG0894.jpg
    503.6 KB · Views: 224
SATISFIED!! box is done. I have lights going out from them being rattled, parts of my house shaking i have never seen before. This box is amazing finally satisfied 1 15" kicker and 2 3015lf's all in a stealth setup behind the tv.. Thanks everyone..

Glad it finally worked out! I've found that upgrading to longer screws (3") in the door hinges around my house has helped keep the doors attached to the frames. :D

later,
rev.

edit: oh yea, also some thin silicone feet at the top/bottom corners of the door frame keeps the door from slapping against the frame when closed. They should really make solid doors less flexible :p

Last edited:
Just for fun: with a big open room if you have some string and blue tack, stick a string to the ceiling in the middle of the room. Then put a mark on the string that corresponds to something sitting on the floor next to it, a kitchen chair back works well. When you hit a resonante frequency it'll show you how much deflection you are getting.

I will try and run sum #'s and tests tommorow.. I have to support my Green Bay Packers tomm.. Also Neo is it possible to check if I switch to the dual 4 ohm L7 15" if anything changes on my #'s that way I can have the QSC feed it 1200 watts .. Thanks for all the help!!

I've crunched some numbers and in the interest of long term durability I changed my mind, I don't think I'd bridge the amp on the D2 there's just too much potential to kill it. If that amp is what the EP2500 is copied from the voltage is ~125v across the top rails, and since the ~40Hz excursion peak coincides with the ~40ohm impedance peak you could potentially get full voltage without it sagging. Good call on the D4, I think if you wanted to wire it up with the coils in parallel and run on one channel it'll work out perfect. As far as the difference in response between the two using the published parameters is almost nothing at equal power the traces are almost entirely overlapping.

......a box for that can do 120+ db's @ 30hz..

Well, I ran the numbers on a DTS concept the other day, but just now getting around to posting it and see it's too big, too late. Oh well, at least it doesn't need a high pass.......

GM

Attachments

• Kicker L7 ~11.5 Hz DTS concept specs.gif
    Kicker L7 ~11.5 Hz DTS concept specs.gif
    14.4 KB · Views: 243
  • Kicker L7 ~11.5 Hz DTS concept.gif
    Kicker L7 ~11.5 Hz DTS concept.gif
    22.5 KB · Views: 243
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.